Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 2 August 2012

Summer Fun at MAWTT

Hello again!! Please scroll down to see my DT card for Charisma this week.
As promised I'm back again to share my DT card for


and this fortnight (we're still on a 2 week challenge for the summer holidays)our lovely Sue has picked the theme

SUMMER

Our sponsor this week is the fabulous
CP
and the DT are showcasing some of Debbie's beautiful images.

I used the gorgeous Butterflies - available in both acrylic and digi format - I have the acrylic set and used them for my project which is based on the colours of Summer and of course flutterbys :o)
So here's what I did:


I created a background using Cosmic Shimmer Chalk Misters - I have had these for such a long time and not used them - so naughty!!!
I simply spritzed some cardstock with a few Summer colours and then blasted with a heat gun to dry.
I also then over spritzed with Irridescent Glitter Spray - I couldn't get this to show on the photos but IRL it has a fab sparkle all over :o)


I stamped the gorgeous flutterbys onto vellum using Versamark and heat embossed with Aurora Crystal EP - they are soooooo sparkilicous :o)
I embossed a piece of co-ordinating cardstock with a butterfly embossing folder and punched the edge with Martha Stewart Border Punch.
Sentiment - Craftwork Cards

Card Ingredients:
Image - Craft Pad 'Butterflies'
Butterfly Embossing Folder
Cosmic Shimmer Chalk Misters Pastel Blue, Pastel Lemon, Pastel Pink and Pastel Orange
Adhesive Pearls in matching colours
Spiders Webbing
Martha Stewart - Traditional Scallop Border Punch and Mini Butterfly Punch
Sentiment - Craftwork Cards
Crafter's Companion Irridescent Glitter Spray

Challenges I would like to enter:
Inky Impressions - Embossing
MMCS - Ice Cream Colours
Scrapbook Sisters - Things with Wings
Creative Craft Challenges - Summertime
Everybody Art - Summer
Paper Playtime - Anything Goes
Dream Valley - Summer
Fashionable Stamping Challenges - Anything Goes
The Crafty Pad - Things with Wings
Chocolate Coffee and Cards - Rainbow and Butterflies

Thanks for popping by again.
Have a wonderful day.
TTFN

24 comments:

Fleur said...

Gorgeous card Debs, very elegant
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Claire said...

You always amaze me with your inkiness and this one is no exception! A stunning card Debs, love the colours and those butterflies are so lovely. Hugs, Claire x

Lisa Jane said...

Ooh wow the background is gorgeous. Such pretty colours and I love the layers
Lisa x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Looks stunning missus, fab colours & all that sparkle! Love it!
Hugs Shell xx

Janis said...

Very pretty! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Sue said...

Wow! this is another stunner Debs! what a beautiful background you've created with the Misters…and Wow! those butterflies are so sparkly and pretty - and the Spider's Webbing is just perfect - it's a gorgeous Summer Card!
Hope you have a lovely day!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Mau xx said...

This is a Gorgeous card Debs, I love the soft colours and delicate look you created.
Hugs Mau xx

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Oh Debs, what a pretty sparkly card - loving those butterflies and those papers! Looks wonderful, Have a great evening, Hugs, Teresa xx

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card Debs, your butterflies are so beautiful! Hugs, Lisa x

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is amazing, what a stunning creation. Love the colours you have used. Hope all is well, Love Hxx

Tonya said...

This is beautiful! I love the shimmer is has. Thank you for joining us for the Inky Impressions embossing challenge this week. Good luck and I hope you will join us again soon. :o)

Tonya Inky DT

Judith said...

This is stunningly gorgeous Debs - I love butterflies and use loads of them on my cards so this card is just my type of card - have a great week end hugs Judithx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Debs this is so beautiful that base card really does look like soft sand, the butterflies along with the clean and simple design look superb.
Hugs
Lorraine x

mum of two said...

Your card is gorgeous. I love the butterflies that are then repeated in the embossing. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Hi Debs, my what a gorgeous card! Love the colours and it's such an elegant feel to your card.

Thanks for joining in with us this time at Dream Valley.

Sarah

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Debs this is smashing! I love how sparkly the butterflies are! Hope you have a great weekend hun and thanks for linking up with The Crafty Pad this week :)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A beautiful card with great texture, it looks fantastic. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

Carrie said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love those butterflies.

Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley x

Claire said...

What a beautiful delicate card, really stunning. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges
Claire xx

Kerry said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
Kerry

Joey said...

Beautiful card Debs, love the texture you got into this, thanks for joining us at MMCS. Joey xx

Ephemera said...

Beautiful card so elegant and love those colours. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at FSC. XX

Carrie Robinson said...

Really beautiful - I keep saying I will try cosmic shimmers ... maybe I will now!!! Thanks for getting embossed with us at Inky impressions xx

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

Gorgeous!LOVE those butterflies!!! Thanks for participating in our Chocolate,Coffee and Cards challenge this week! Hope to see you again next week!!!
~DEANNE~