Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 2 August 2012

Pink + 1 at Charisma

Good morning. Hope you are all keeping well and enjoying the fabulous Olympic events. I really didn't think I was going to watch much - not during the day anyway but I have to say I'm hooked :o)
My favourite events so far has to be the Gymnastics - I can't believe some of the moves they can make!!!!

Anyways the real reason I'm here is to share my DT card with you for our new challenge over at


and this week we have a colour theme

PINK PLUS 1 OTHER

I have been having a little play with some inks and 'stuff' (as you will see on my next post - my DT card for MAWTT - to be posted in a bit)

So here's what I did for this one:

I 'swooshed' some Peeled Paint and Victorian Vevet Distress Inks onto a large acrylic block and then spritzed it with water before 'stamping' it onto a precut piece of cardstock. I tried to 'swoosh' the colours so that when I overstamped the Rose image the leaves would be in the green ink and the Rose would be in the pink - I think it sort of worked :o)


I stamped the image and heat embossed with Clear EP and then added a little more ink to the image using a paintbrush to deepen the colours


Sentiment stamped in top corner to finish it off.
Some simple mat and layering into pink and green cardstock and then onto a Craftwork cards shaped base card.


Card Ingedients:
Image - Creative Expressions 'Rambling Rose'
Inks - Peeled Paint and Victorian Velvet Distress Inks
Sentiment - TPC Studio 'Floral Collage'
Base card - Craftwork Cards 'Elegant Square'

Challenges I woulkd like to enter:
Divas By Design - Flowers
The Perfect Sentiment - Girlfriends
Waste Not Wednesday - Use Forgotten Stuff (I've had this stamp for years)
Bearly Mine - Anything Goes
Paper Minutes - Acrylic Block Stamped Background
Partytime Tuesday - Anything Goes
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Sentiment
Amusing Challenges - Anything Goes
Fashionable Stamping Challenges - Anything Goes

Please pop over to the main challenmge blog to check out the fab inspiration from my lovely DT buddies.

Our sponsors this week:
Simon Says Stamp
offering  lucky winner $20 voucher
and



offering 1 lucky winner 5 digi images of their choice




I'll be back in a bit with my DT card for MAWTT.
Thanks for your visit today - I really do appreciate it.
Have a wonderful day.
TTFN

9 comments:

Claire said...

WOW Debs, your card is full of gorgeousness. Love the colours of the inks and lovely sentiment and image. Great work. Hope you have a fabulous day! Hugs, Claire x

Sue said...

Wow! this is gorgeous Debs! you are so good with the distress inks.. I love the gorgeous stamp and beautiful colours… and the sentiment is just perfect! :-)
Glad you are enjoying the Olympics!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is beautiful.. you really are the queen of backgrounds!
Thanks for joining us at Diva's this week

Lisa x
ps have you seen this new challenge
http://heckofachallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

Loopylou. said...

oh wow debs!
hun this is just stunning, I love that effect,it must of taken you ages hun because its just beautiful
huge hugs Lou xxx

Sam Pirkle said...

Nice card. Your background inking is just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment.

Carol L said...

I love how you managed to blend these two colors together, and the sentiment is fabulous too! NJ!

Cheryl said...

So pretty! Love the colors you chose to go with the pretty rose image and lovely sentiment. Thanks for playing along with The Perfect Sentiment this week.

Vickie O'Dell said...

Your card has such an artistic technique and your verse is one of my favorites. Thank you for sharing your artwork with us at the Perfect Sentiments.

Jennipher said...

i have always love this sentiment! great choice for a girlfriend. thanks for playing at the perfect sentiment.