Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, 13 August 2012

My Job for Today..............

Good morning. Just popping in to say hello before we go off on our jolly holibobs tomorrow - Montego Bay here I come!!!!!

So I thought I would share this make with you as it clearly defines what my job will be today:


Not sure I will achieve the name of this scrummy Saturated Canary image - Pack Light when it comes to doing the job in hand today though lol!!!


Image coloured with PM's


Scrummy design papers - Pink Petticoat (magazine freebie last year)


Gorgeous flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts
Sentiment - Kaisercraft
Raffia from stash

Before I go here's the lastest on the garden makeover.
The carpenter that came on Saturday to 'finish' the decking was so arrogant - I think he thought he was doing me a great favour - when infact he was the one that let down the builder in the first place. We didn't get off to the best start when he proceeded to tell me how to make him a cup of tea - cheeky s*d!!!
He didn't finish the job before he left - it looked a mess - like a patchwork quilt around the sides and the steps - so I contacted the builder and that resulted in him coming with another carpenter yesterday. Literally just as they pulled up outside the heavens opened and I thought that was it - they weren't going to get it done. But they made a makeshift tent with tarpaulin to cover the electric equipment - had a cup of tea (without giving instructions on how to make it) and got on with the job in hand.
They didn't quite get it all done - will be back today to finish the last bit so here's how it looks now though:



And here's the finished patio area:




So when we get back from our jollies we need to get stuck into painting the fence, reseeding the lawn, planting the raised bed area, and buying some pots and some more garden furniture!!!
Maybe we might need another holiday by the time all that is done lol!!!

So I'll say farewell for now - look out for a few scheduled posts whilst I'm away :o)

Thanks for your visit today and all your continued support.
TTFN

10 comments:

Claire said...

Aha picture of said garden! Looking good hun, I think I would have told that carpenter where to go, how dare he! It will all come together once you have done those finishing touches, what a transformation. I am loving your card too - fab image, gorgeous colouring and love the papers and embellies. I hope you have a fabulous holiday and will catch up with you when you are home. Take care, hugs, Claire xx

Donna Mosley said...

Debs, your garden is looking really lovely hun, don't forget to chuck in a few burgers and a bottle or two :o) when you do that shopping trip. Love the gorgeous card, fab image and the flowers are so pretty.

Donna x

Fluffles said...

Hi ya Debs - glad to see you have your priorities right, uploading the card & checking on the blog before doing the holiday bits! Well your card is ace as I'm sure your holiday will be. Hope you have a fantastic break. The decking also looks like it's coming on a treat so hopefully you'll have the weather when you get back to enjoy it. Now as you have such a busy day ahead I suggest you have a cuppa before getting stuck in - so pop on the kettle, tea bags out...etc - I'm sure the carpenter explained it better! Have a good one, bye for now, Jx

Bea und Doreen said...

amazing card Debs. Love this images - bought it last week *lol*
And I love your garden - looks fantastic now.
Big hugs
Doreen xx

Pami said...

Had a super time Debs! So jealous!! And your garden will look wonderful when its all finished. The decking and patio look great already!!! Have a safe trip and see you soon! Pami x

Sue said...

Wow! what a gorgeous card Debs… the image is so sweet and your colouring is beautiful… love those scrummy papers and flowers… it's a really stunning card!
Ooh Lordie… that first carpenter does sound a cheeky so and so!!… I would have put some blooming DulcoLax in his tea!! LOL…
but I have to say the patio and decking look amazing… perfect for a BBQ when you get back… ;-)
I really hope you have a wonderful holiday Debs!! Lots of rest and relaxation….
Take Care
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Mary J said...

Oh, what fab decking - I want it for my garden, Debs!

Gorgeous card, love the colours!

Wishcraft said...

Your garden and decking are looking great hun - shame about the cheeky carpenter though!

Love your card, it's so pretty! Fab image, gorgeous colours and details. Hope you have a fabulous holiday :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Lisa Jane said...

Oh this is perfect ... love it! Just as much as i love the garden pics... its is looking wonderful
Lisa x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Debs this is one beautiful creation, I love that image she is gorgeous, the colours, flowers and design are superb.
hugs
Lorraine x