Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 18 August 2012

Heavy Metal at Allsorts


Good morning. It's Saturday and although I'm still sunning myself by the poolside I asked Mr Blogger nicely before I left if he would share with you my DT card for the new challenge over at


and this week our lovely Helene has picked the theme

HEAVY METAL

but before you all rush off to find all your Rock Band images what Helene would like to see is something metal added to your card/project - a charm, a pin, metal brads, eyelets etc

We have two sponsors this week
Flonz $20 store gift voucher Also 12% discount offered on purchases to those entering the challenge
Offering 1 lucky winner $20 to spend in their online store
and
Stitchy Bear
Offering another lucky winner $10 to spend in their online store


The DT were very lucky to receive some stamps from Flonz Stamps and here's what I did:


Background made using Flowers and Leaves Pattern image randomly stamped all over the base card using Festive Berries Distress Ink


A couple of different sized tags inked with Evergreen Bough and Festive Berries Distress Inks
Image Oval Frame with Pine Trees stamped onto tag and heat embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Aurora Crystal EP and then sentiment from Creative Expressions stamped inside frame



My 'heavy metal' item is the Christmas Tree charm and the eyelet on the tag.
Some Baker's Twine and a few gem srones to finish it off. The 'snowflake' is actually the centre of the Memory Box Cherry Blossom die :o)

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the fab inspiration from the rest of the DT.

Thanks for visiting my blog today and any lovely comments you may leave.
Have a wonderful weekend and I'll catch up with you all when I get back from my jollies.

TTFN

14 comments:

brenda said...

Mr blogger is working for you Debs and you're all posted okay with your very pretty tag.

Hope you're having a lovely time.

B x

Claire said...

This is just fabulous - love what you have done to create the background and such gorgeous colours too. Hugs, Claire x

Mummy lade said...

Gorgeous creation! I hope you're having a lovely time by the pool

Nicola said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Debs with perfect design and gorgeous finishing touches!
Have a wonderful holiday!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Juls said...

I have been M.I.A in blogland recently, and now doing a major catch up to see how everyone is getting on, hopefully life is settling into a more normal rountine now&I can get back to visiting more regularly again. I have loved having a good look round your blog to check out all I have missed, Love your craft hangers truley inspirational work!! Hugs Juls

Sarah said...

Beautiful festive card Debs, love the traditional colours x

Craftnut said...

Great card deb's, i am currently supping a G&T but not in the sunshine :O) xx

Lisa Jane said...

Oh this is brilliant .. love the tag and the little tree embellie
LISA X

Vicky said...

Such a beautiful card sweetie love the colour & fab tag. Enjoy your weekend hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie, this is stunning, so love what you have done here a gorgeous creation, huggles Pops x x x

Sue said...

Wow! what gorgeous colours!! love the image and embossing.. this is one classy Christmas Tag! :-)
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Jo Channon said...

Hi Debs,
This is such a lovely tag, I can't believe that I am seriously thinking about starting to do some Christmas cards, this has really inspired me! I love the way that you have created the background Jo xx

Jo Channon said...

Hi Debs,
This is such a lovely tag, I can't believe that I am seriously thinking about starting to do some Christmas cards, this has really inspired me! I love the way that you have created the background Jo xx

butterfly said...

Super Christmassy tag - love your little silver tree! Wonderful traditional colours...
Alison x