Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 7 July 2012

Red White & Blue at Allsorts

Good morning - although it's not so good weather wise is it and it's not looking good for sometime :o(
All the more reason to stay safe and dry tucked up in your little crafty havens and maybe you could join us for our new challenge over at

ALLSORTS
This week it's my turn to be host and I picked the theme

RED WHITE AND BLUE

Here's what I did:

I was asked by my friend to make a card for her BiL birthday which is next week and he will be doing a 50 mile run shortly so I thought this image from Mo Manning - available here - would fit the bill perfectly :o)


Image coloured with PM's and FM's
My favourite Red, White & Blue  DP's - Nitwits - Tour of London FBQ have put in another appearance :o) 

I inked the edges of the image panel with Faded Jeans Distress INk and then mat and layered onto co-ordinating card stock - I also added a Doo-Hickey Star Border die cut with the same card.
Sentiment was a freebie from Do Crafts magazine and stamped onto Sizzix die cut star inked with Festive Berries Distress Ink and a few of the stars from the border die added.

Our sponsors this week are:

http://www.digistampboutique.co.uk/catalog/
Offering 1 lucky winner 6 images of their choice - and there are so many scrummy images available you'll be spoilt for choice

and
$10 voucher Love to Stamp
http://www.littledarlingsrubberstamps.com/
offering another lucky winner
$10 store gift certificate

Challenges I would like to enter:
Crafting For All Seasons - Patriotic/Military/Fireworks
Divas by Design - Red White & Blue
Fab n Funky - Stars & Stripes
Penny's Paper Crafty - Red White and Blue
Stamp n Doodle - Stars and Stripes
The Perfect Sentiment - Red White & Blue
Whimsy Inspiration - Anything Goes
Die Cuttin Divas - Red White & Blue
Tip Top Tuesday - One for the Men
Cards for Men - Happy Birthday
Paper Playtime - Red White and Blue
Pile it On - For a Guy with Sport Theme
Mo's DP2 Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for your visit today I really appreciate it.
Have a wonderful day.
TTFN

33 comments:

brenda said...

Sure this will be perfect for your BIL Debs and a very fitting theme this week.

Hope he does well in the race, two of mine did the Hadrian's Wall 69 mile race a couple of weeks ago. I so admire those that have the stamina for these ultra's.

Thanks for the great challenge, as I've said on my blog it was a challenge for me as well.

Have a good weekend.

B x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Morning hun

Great card I
the image did make me chuckle and it looks as though it was made for that colour combo

have a great weekend

Em xxx

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card and colouring Debs..what a fabulous image, love the star border..and love the colour combo..

Luv CHRISSYxx

DesignerDiva said...

Hello my lovely Debs I'm getting my comment in early as I keep missing you!
Great card and a fabulous image - perfect for the recipient and I love love love how you have left the star border in a frame - I will have to borrow that idea Hunny!
Have a great weekend and squeeze my Grandchildren from me!
Hugs Laurie xx

Pia S said...

Seems like you picked the perfect image for the man who will receive this card! Fab layout and colors too!

Nicola said...

Great card Debs, that image is fab and love your design around it too!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Anne-Marie said...

What a brilliant card, I really like the image.

Thanks for joining us at Stamp 'n' Doodle this week.

Anne-Marie
DT Co-odinator

Elaine Stark said...

A great image and colours. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

TRACEY MO said...

Very cool card I do love that image very funny!!!

Thanks for joining us at Stamp n doodle today

Tracey DT

Lisa M said...

LOL...love that image! You picked the perfect depiction for the card's theme. :) That little pup cracks me up!
Excellent masculine card.

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips.
Have a great one!
Lisa xx

Pat N. said...

Cute card. I love that star border die cut. Thanks for playing along at Die Cuttin Divas!--Pat N.

Cheryl said...

oh Hun,this is just gorgeous love that image,and,the colours,and layout is just super hugs Cherylxxx

Sue said...

Oh this is fab Debs! what a wonderful image!! Love the scrummy papers and the gorgeous star border… it's a perfect male card! ;-)
Hope you are well hun
Have a good weekend!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love this image jogging with the cute dog. Also love the die cut star border. Thanks so much for sharing this fabulous card with us at the Pile it On Challenge!

Creative M said...

What a Super Cute and Cool Card!!!LOL.....Made me Laugh And Smile...Cute!
Thanks for joining us this week at Die Cuttin' Divas!

Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Vicky said...

Fabulous Debs...such a great image hun :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Pat said...

Great card, super fun image and lovely bp. Thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky this week.

Pat xx

Katina said...

Fantastic Debs - brilliant image!
xx

coldwaters2 said...

Lol, oh Debs this is one terrific, fun card love that image he is super, the papers and design are just perfect
Hugs
lorraine x

Fleur said...

Awesome card Debs. Works perfectly in these colours ~ a great challenge.
Have a good weekend

HUGZ Fleur xXx

Pat said...

Hi Debs! Whoa! I love this card! My fave summer colors...plus that star border is fabulous! Gorgeous coloring too!! So glad you've joined us for this week's fun challenge at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

Donna said...

Fab card Debs, such a fun image and I love the cool design...perfick male card:) Donna ♥ x

lindyloo said...

Hi Debs
wow whata fantastic card i love the image and the star boarder
thank you for playing along with us at fab n funky
linda x

Donna Mosley said...

A great card Debs, love the fab image. Your colouring look amazing and I love the star border.

Donna x

Jules said...

Hi Debs

What a fabby card .. .. the image is just perfect for your friend to give to her BIL.

I wonder if a dog would be able to run 50 miles? I know I wouldn't!! LOL!!!

Hope all is good with you.

Sorry I am not visiting much. These summer weddings are keeping me very busy!

Love Jules xx

sarah-Jane said...

Fab card. I like the image and the layout. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Sarah-Jane xx

Melanie said...

Your card looks absolutely gorgeous!!!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Red, White & Blue" challenge & good luck in the draw…

Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges)

Helen said...

Fab card - love the image!
Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Karen Conner said...

LOL this card makes me laugh out loud! I LOVE IT!

Thanks for sharing with us @ The Perfect Sentiment. I hope you'll come back.

Dorcas said...

What a great masculine card! I'm glad you could play along with us at Mo's this week.
HUgs,
Dorcas

Kim Kutie said...

This is a really cute card. I love that image.

Thanks for joining us at Stamp 'n' Doodle this week.

Jennipher said...

fantastic masculine card. thanks for sharing at the perfect sentiment.

Claire said...

LOL brilliant image and a great card. Hugs, Claire x