Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 14 July 2012

A Challenge for the DT at Allsorts

Good morning. Yipppeee it's the weekend - here's hoping the weather stays nice - well dry at least :o)
Before I share my DT card for


with you I would just like to say a mahoosive thank you to everyone that played along with my
 Red White and Blue challenge last week - we had some gorgeous entries - please pop over to the main challenge blog to see if you were one of the winners or if you made my Top5 :o)

So this week our lovely Brenda set the challenge and it was a challenge for me - I always seem to struggle when I have 'limited' stash to play with lol!!!!

So our challenge was to use a 'mini kit' (see photo below) that Brenda sent each DT member
and your challenge is to take inspiration from either the kit or one of the DT cards.

Here's the kit

and here's what I did with it:

As soon as I saw the birdcage die cut I immediately knew I wanted to 'Gild' it using Gilding Flakes.


I simply sponged some Flitter Glue over the die and then covered with the gorgeous Gilding Flakes

I 'shaped' the birdcage before adding it to my card.

I used the 'off cut' of the Tim Holtz clock die on the matching Gift Tag.

Hope you like what I made and you feel inspired to join us this week.
Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the stunning inspiration from my DT buddies I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
I'm so looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Challenges I would like to enter
Paper Minutes - Shabby Chic/Vintage
Tip Top Tuesday - One for the Men
Creative Mondays - For Men
Fashionista Challenge - Winged Things
So Artful Challenges - All that Glitters

Thanks for popping by today.
Have a fabulous weekend.
TTFN

16 comments:

Heike said...

wonderful artwork - love this very much

xxx, Heike (Paperminutes)

Claire said...

WOW Debs, what stunning creations, I love the birdcage and the effect given to it by the gilding flakes - great work. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Claire x

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie, this is gorgeous, stunning work sweetie, Huge hugs ♥ Pops x x x

Nicola said...

Beautiful matching set Debs, love the design and the fab effect on the bird cage!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Lisa M said...

Beautiful works here. The colors are very neutral and earthy and the clean design make for a great masculine layout; especially the time piece.

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips.
Have a great one!
Lisa xx

Laine said...

Wonderful card Debs. Love all of the die cuts and detail. Fabulous vintage feel and so much to see.
Thank your for joining us at Fashionista Challenge this month.
Hugs
Laine
X

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow i love the gilded cage .. and i think you made wonderful projects with the kit .. you definitely rose to the challenge
Lisa x

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Oh Debs, This is absolutely stunning, I love that birdcage and the gilding looks amazing - very inspiring. Love that tag too, great flower:) Big Hugs, Teresa x

Wishcraft said...

This is fab Debs, the birdcage looks absolutely beautiful! Hugs, Lisa x

Donna said...

Wow Debs, you've done an amazing job with this mini kit, such a fab design and beautiful too :) Donna ♥ x

Sue said...

Wowzer!! this is gorgeous Debs. You have used the kit so well - I love the gilded birdcage.. it's so pretty!!! Love all the papers and embellies and how the tag matches perfectly!! they are stunning creations!
Hope you have a lovely Sunday!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Good Evening Debs

Fab card Hun I love the guiding such a great effect!

Em xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Debs these look fabulous I am a big fan of vintage style so these appeal to me big time, the design and embellishments look super.
Hugs
Lorraine x

DesignerDiva said...

WOW Debs you stuck gold with this one Mrs! How fabulously creative and a tag too!
Hugs Laurie xx

Electra said...

I really love how you have done the birdcage-this is a wonderful card! Thanks for being Soartful with us this week!

Bea und Doreen said...

simply stunning Debs. just love it - wow, wow, wow
big hugs
Doreen xx