Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, 6 May 2012

Just for You - Dad (from Lola Arizona)

Good morning. This will have to be a quickie post this morning and an apology for not getting round to see everyone yet - I am on borrowed time with my laptop as the new power pack I bought just 10 days ago blew up on me yesterday and I am now trying to conserve as much battery life as I can until I can get it replaced :o(
I have been trying to 'sweet talk' John into treating me to a new laptopamabob - but haven't succeeded (yet)!!!!

Today's share is one of 8 cards I have made for my two older sons (Jamie & Aaron) upcoming birthdays in June (Aaron is on the 10th and Jamie is on the 11th). So why 8 cards - well 4 each - 1 from John & me, 1 from Jack, 1 from my MiL and 1 from Lola Arizona/Oliver 

So this is the one for Jamie from Lola Arizona 


Jamie lived for a while in London and like Katy (his ex-girlfriend) he loves everything British/Patriotic so I just had to use some more of my scrummy Nitwits Tour of London FQB - I'm just loving these papers at the moment :o)


I teamed the scrummy papers with a very neglected Lili of the Valley stamp - Armchair Bear coloured with PM's


This also used:
My new Spellbinders Labels 25 - bought with some of my birthday pennies :o) - the mat for the image was made using the 'faux' nestie technique
Heart buttons from stash
Sentiment - Whimsy Stamps
DAD Alphas - Funky Hand Alpha Bits - All I Want for Xmas 


Challenges I took inspiration from:

Lil's Little Fairies - Anything Goes
Cupcake Crafts - Best of British Photo Inspiration
C.R.A.F.T - Buttons
Craft us Crazy - Favourite Stamp Company (LOTV)
Cute Card Thursday - One for the Boys
Willow Sketchie - Sketch 
Fab n Funky - Celebrate Maleness
Simon Says Stamp - Birthday
Celebrate the Occasion - Male Birthday
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers - For the Boys
OLLCB - Make it Manly

Thanks for your visit today and any comments you may leave for me, I love to read them and always appreciate you taking the time to visit.

Have a wonderful day.
TTFN

30 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Oh this is fabulous .. i love the red and white chair and the gorgeous papers
Lisa x

Cheryl said...

oh Hun,this is one,really adorable image,and those papers,and your layout is just brilliant,love it,hope you can,sweet talk him into buying you a new laptop Hun,he he,hugs Cherylxxxxx

Sally said...

A fab & colourful card perfect for the ocassion. Thanx for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

Rach83 said...

Lovely card, Debs. Your image is adorable and your colouring is super. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges. Hope you'll be back with us again soon.

Rachel x

Jules said...

Hi Debs

This is brilliant.

I got that paper download too .. .. such gorgeous papers on it aren't there!

Love what you have done with them .. .. and your gorgeous button hearts!!

Hope you are having a good Bank Holiday weekend and manage to sort out your power pack (or new lappy) soon.

Love Jules xx

Claire said...

Fabulous card Debs, love the patriotic look of it too! Hope you manage to get your laptop sorted very soon! Have a lovely day. Hugs, Claire x

Claire said...

Oops forget to say it's great to see you playing along with Willow Sketchie. Hugs, Claire xx

Pat said...

Super male card, love the image and the patriotic colours. Thanks for sharing at OLLCB this week.

Pat xx

cotnob said...

Fab card, such a cute image and I love your heart buttons.
Thank you for joining us at Willow Sketchie this week.
Pauline
x

Vicky said...

This is wonderful Debs...love the image and great dp's too :O)

big hugs Vicky xx

Shelly said...

Gorgeous card, just too cute! Great papers! Very British... perfect for my challenge at Cupcake! Thanks for joining in, Shelly x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

This is fantastic missus, love those papers & the image is so sweet!

Thank you for sharing with us at Willow Sketchie this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Doreen said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Debs,love the image and fabulous design.xxx

Susan Flynn said...

Brilliant colours Debs love what you have done with your card, it's all fabulous x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Debs this is fantastic, I am so enjoying seeing all these Patriotic looking creations, the image and design is terrific.
Hugs
Lorraine x

DesignerDiva said...

Hello at last my lovely Debs! I hope your birthday was as fabulous as you deserve, all your cards look fab! I've just had a good nose around to see what I've been missing and WOW WOW WOW how busy have you been and all FANTASTIC! You have reminded me that I bought this Nitwit collection before I went away and now I can't wait to use it!
Oliver looks more handsome than ever!
Hugs Laurie xx

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful cute card Debs.
luv
Debby

Fluffles said...

I can see why you love the papers - what a brilliant card. Love your design right down to the stripy seat, Jx

sue w. said...

Hi Debs, This theme is so popular at the mo with the Olympic games looming and I love it. Such an adorable image and those heart buttons are fab.
Hope you manage to get your much needed laptop hun.
Hugs Sue W.

Sue said...

Aww this is gorgeous Debs! what an adorable image and you've coloured it beautifully to match those scrummy papers!! I love the union jack and the buttons - it's a really fab design!
Hope you get your laptop sorted out hun!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Katina said...

Goegeous!! Love the image and the red, white and blue colour scheme.
xx

Sheryl Hare said...

Hi Debs, this is a fantastic image, beautifully coloured. I love the colours DP and details. Good to see you at CRAFT this week.
Hope we see you again soon.
Hugs
Sheryl (DT) xx

Dilsaver Designs said...

Such a sweet image and the details are so fun, super cute card! Thanks so much for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Male birthday (must use a circle) challenge :)

Esther said...

Fabulous card!
Wonderful image and so patriotic!
Thanks for joining CTO this week.

Lizy said...

This is awesome Debs! I love the image and totally adore the papers! :)
Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La this week! :)
Lizy DT x

Kellylouj said...

This is a beautiful card I love the colours its fantastic!
Thanks for entering at WSC.

Kelly x

Meggymay said...

Fantastic male card, thank you for joining us at CCM this time.
Yvonne

Sylvia x said...

Stunning card...thanks for joining us at CRAFT challenges

Sylvia xx

Annette said...

Fab card, beautifully coloured image and gorgeous embellishments.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

Annette xx

Juls said...

lovin it!! hugs Juls