Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, 30 May 2012

An Inky Session

 Good morning. Hope you are all keeping well and those not I wish well soon.
Today I would like to share a card I made just for the fun of it :o)
With some of my birthday money I treated myself to some Stampendous stamps that I';ve had mny eye on for a while - this Butterfly Post is one of them - I just love it!
I started by inking a piece of linen cardstock with Dusty Concorde and Broken China Distress Inks and then overstamped the image and heat embossed it with Cosmic Shimmer EP

I mat and layered this onto another piece of cardstock inked with the same Distress Inks and then added a mix of Embossing Powders and Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Jewels along the bottom and heat embossed as per the 'Encrsuted Jewel' technique
Sentiment - Creative Expressions
This also used:
Spellbinders M Bossabilities - 'Whimsy'

I really enjoyed making this card and I hope you like it too :o)
Challenges I would like to enter:
Cards and More - Dotted and Embossed
Party Time Tuesday - Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers - Distress It
Love to Create - Add a Sentiment
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar - Things with Wings
Thanks for your visit today.
Have a wonderful day.
TTFN

15 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh just love this Hun,brilliant stamp and adore those colours,hugs Cherylxxxx

Susan Flynn said...

This is just gorgeous. Never heard of the encrusted jewel technique but it looks fabulous! Hugs Susan x

Congrats on being Simon Says winner this week - lucky girl!! x

mylittlecardstudio.blogspot.com said...

Hi, just popped over from Make it Monday. Gorgeous! Love the stamp and beautiful colours. Hugs, Jill x

Judith said...

Gorgeous card Debs - do soft and whimsical - I love those colours and the butterfly stamp hugs Judith x

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow the colours are gorgeous .. and such a pretty stamp
Lisa x

Claire said...

Absolutely gorgeous - love the image and beautiful colours. Hugs, Claire x

Josephine said...

Gorgeous card! I love the effect of those jewels at the bottom - lovely colours too!

Thanks for joining the 'distress it' challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

Wishcraft said...

Beautiful card hun! Love the stamps you've used, gorgeous colours and the sparkles look fabulous :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful colours Debs, love the image too, fabulous card.

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Sue said...

Wow! this is so beautiful Debs! I love the gorgeous distress inks and the encrusted jewel effect is so pretty! The stamp is fab and I love the sentiment… it's a really stunning card!
Hope you're having a good week
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Jean Straw said...

I spotted this lovely card on MIM. The colours and stamp are beautiful and I love the encrusted jewels bit. Jean x

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Debs, this is a work of ART. I love the creative backgrounds and the cosmic shimmer jewels. Gorgeous.

Your colours are divine together and I totally love your card.

I saw your link on MIM. I'm #138 & 153 this week.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Jack said...

Stunning card. And I can see why you wanted that stamp - it's gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

Karen said...

Very very lovely honey.
Thank you for joining us this week with your fabulous creation!

Smiles -  Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.

Feebsy said...

What a totally gorgeous card I love the stamp and the colours you've used are perfect for it. Great distressing on the dry embossing and I really like the encrusted jewel look at the bottom too.

Thanks for joining in with my Distress It! challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

Feebsy
xx