Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, 7 May 2012

Happy Birthday Bro #1

Good morning. Today I'm bringing my post to you using Jack's laptop as mine has completely died now :o(
But the good news is that I did sweet talk John and later this morning we are going to shop for a new laptopamabob for me :o)
The scary thing will be trying to get all my 'stuff' off my old laptop onto the new one - not looking forward to that job!!!!

So my share for today is another of the 8 birthday cards for Jamie and Aaron and this one is for Jamie from Jack.

I have used a fab image from Mo Manning 'Paul Typing' and coloured him with FM's and PM's


DP's - DCVW Nana's Nursery For a Boy - these papers are so versatile.


This also used:
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Stars - Sizzix Die
Diamond Stickles
Sentiment - Pink Petticoat punched with Stampin Up Word Window punch
Bakers Twine and buttons from stash

Challenges I took inspiration from:
Here Come the Boys - Hobbies
A&T Digital Designs - Anything Goes
Just Tracy's - Anything Goes
Sparkles Forum - Men Only
C.R.A.F.T - Buttons
Mo's Digital Challenge - Anything Goes & Optional Sketch
Cute Card Thursday - For the Boys
Simon Says Stamp - Birthday
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Cards for Men - Kicking Back

Well we got to the seaside yesterday and it was a lovely sunny day. The fish and chips were scrummy as always and we had a lovely stroll along the beach. But I doubt we will be having the planned BBQ at Aaron & Kerry's as it is now pouring down with rain - typical Great British Bank Holiday weather - yuk!!!

Thanks for your visit today. I really appreciate all your suppoirt and look forward to reading any comments you may wish to leave.

Have a fabulous day whatever you are doing - enjoy!
TTFN

23 comments:

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Debs, wow, what a great Brother Birthday card...just perfect...love your colouring, he is a fab image(he has great socks!)Love those papers and that star...we had rain all dy yesterday and now we have a bit of sun, so it seems to be alternating with your weather at the moment...Have a great Monday, Hugs, Teresa xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Debs this is one fabulous card for your brother, that image is great so is the design, love it, this would be perfect for our challenge at Ooh La La.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Jules said...

I just love this male card, I find male cards very hard to do. This is just great and I love the colours. Thank you for joining us at A & T Digital Designs (EFG) xoxo Good Luck

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card I love that Mo image, he reminds me of my grandchildren. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Trimgym said...

Great project, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.

Jo and Tigerlover.

Claire said...

That's a fabulous card - love the image. Oh no I can fully sympathise with the laptop after mine died a month ago - it's a right nightmare trying to get stuff off the old one when it's died, the only thing I have a problem with now is my i-tunes! Hope you get it sorted. Glad you managed to get to the seaside hun. Enjoy the rest of your day. Hugs, Claire x

Cheryl said...

oh Hun,what a brilliant image,this is,just love it,looks like,me ha ha,as for the papers,and the layout just works beautifully Hun,love it hugs Cheryl
ps Hun,you could enter this into,MMC as its celebration,this month,and you can enter more than once too,hugs Cherylxxxx

Mau xx said...

Sorry to hear about the lappy dying Debs ...but how exciting to get a brand new one, I have only had mine 15 months but its still new to me :)
First one I have had thats just mine.
Love the card, what a great colouring job on the image and love the detail and colour combo, a super male card.
Hugs Mau xx

Sue said...

Oh this is fab Debs! what a wonderful image for a boy's card! I love the colours and the gorgeous sparkly star sentiment! :-)
Glad to hear you are getting a new laptop!! Ooh I know what you mean about getting all the old stuff off. It takes ages to do!!
Glad you got to the seaside hun!! it sounds wonderful - Mmmm… fish and chips….!! LOL
Hope you have a lovely evening!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Lisa Jane said...

ooh i hope your shopping trip went well.
LOve this card - a fab male image
Lisa x

Vicky said...

Fabulous Debs....and have fun with your new Lappy...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Dora said...

This is gorgeous, love the soft colours and image. Thank you for joining us at Emerald Fairies this week and good luck xx

Katina said...

Perfect card Deb! Love the image and your layout.

Good luck with the new laptop!
xx

Wishcraft said...

Fab card Debs :o) Love the image and your gorgeous papers! Hope you're all set up with a shiny new laptop now hun! Hugs, Lisa x

Angie said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly.
Angie x

Judith said...

Great male card Debs - love the colours so unmale but they work so well!! - bet you can't wait to get going on your new laptop - its great when they're shiny and new with no rubbish on the hard drive - that must last - oh all of half an hour lol hugs Judith x

Hilde Larsen aka. Tindaloo said...

cool card! love the colors and image u used :)

Tracy said...

Fabulous guy card Debs! Great coloring and I love how you put the sentiment in that fun star. :-) Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's!

Pat said...

Hi Debs! Yikes...sorry to hear about your 'puter problems. I soooo have to back up my files...a crashing computer is my worst nightmare! Glad you're getting a new one. That'll be fun! And...speaking of fun...your card is such fun! Love this image...and your coloring is fabulous!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

Juls said...

fabulous card! hugs Juls

Ang C said...

A great card

Thankyou for joining us at SMC for our men only challenge

Hope to see you again soon

Ang x

karen said...

Fabulous card Debs, great colours, thanks for joining us at Here Come the Boys, Karenx

Woo said...

Such a brilliant image! Reminds me of my friends son! Fab card, thank you for sharing it with us a Here Come The Boys! Good Luck Woo x