Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, 2 May 2012

A Great British Birthday!

Good afternoon. Hope you are all well and those not I wish a speedy recovery. Thanks to everyone for all your lovely Happy Birthday wishes yesterday - I had a lovely day made all the more special with your kind words and I received so many gorgeous cards and gifts from some of my lovely DT and blogging buddies - I have put some photos at the bottom of this post :o)

So today's share is a card I have made using a new download I got from Nitwits with some of my Birthday pennies - 'Tour of London' available here 
I have teamed the fabulous papers with one of my scrummy new Saturated Canary images too - 'Nevaeh' available here
I just love the hair and clothes Krista gives these stunning images.


Image coloured with Flexmarkers and PM's


I have been working on my shading and I quite like how this how turned out :o)


The fab heart with ribbon & button is one of the embellies in the Nitwits FBQ and I added a real button over the top :o)
Sentiment was a freebie from a craft mag a while ago with a few co-ordinating adhesive gems.
A few buttons in red, white and blue to finish it off.


This will eventually be sent to Katy (Lola's mum) as she loves anything patriotic/London so will be right uop her street :o)

Challenges I would like to enter:

Saturated Canary - Happy Birthday
Sketch Saturday - Sketch #205
Crafty Sentiments - Spots or Stripes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Cupcake Craft - Best of British (Photo Inspiration)
Lollipop Crafts - Anything Goes
Stamps & Fun - Use a Sketch from Another Challenge (Sketch Saturday)
Dream Valley - For a Special Lady
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Birthday

As promised here are the gorgeous cards I received from my lovely blogging buddies:




Thanks to:
My Allsorts teamies: Brenda, Helene and Emma
My MAWTT teamies: Sue, Lisa, Pami, Laurie, Shell, Hazel and Mau
 My Oldie But Goodie Teamies: Tracy, Janice and Francesca
Jules, Lisa and Sandra

and from my non-blogging friends and family:

 and here's a few of my gifts:



and the best card of all:

Thanks for your visit today - it really means a lot :o)
Have a wonderful afternoon.
TTFN

20 comments:

Mummylade said...

I hope you had a wonderful day, the last card has a gorgeous image =)

Vicky said...

Such a gorgeous collection of cards Debs..and lots of yummy pressies too..so pleased you had a wonderful day hun....

big hugs Vicky xx

Sue said...

Aww Love this gorgeous Krista image Debs! and you've coloured her beautifully! I love the delish papers and embellies - it's a really sweet card!
Glad you got lots of scrummy cards and pressies and had a wonderful Birthday hun!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Wishcraft said...

I'm glad you had a lovely day hun :o) Hope you're enjoying all your birthday goodies xxx

Your card is gorgeous! Love the image and fab patriotic theme :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Loopylou. said...

awesome cards debs! love the union jack papers and theme, thank you so much for popping in and playing with the canaries this week!!
and awwwwww major awwwwww! that is just the best birthday card ever! love the cute little flower centtre!!!
huge hugs Lou xxxx

Anja said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at SFC.
Hugs, Anja

Lisa Jane said...

wow i love the Patriotic card .. and just look at all those fabulous cards and gifts ... just wonderful
Lisa x

Claire said...

Love your card hun - just gorgeous - love the red white and blue theme and gorgeous image and WOW WOW WOW look at all those cards and gifts, you certainly were treated. Just so sorry mine didn't arrive in time. Should be with you tomorrow. Hugs, Claire x

Judith said...

Love what you did with Neveah Debs - a gorgeous patriotic card - glad you had a great birthday hugs Judith x

Shelly said...

Great card for my Best of British challenge at Cupcake this week Debs... thank you so much for reading the challenge and interpreting it correctly! Hugs, Shelly x

Cheryl said...

oh wow Hun,gosh you sure got some amazing cards,oh happy belated birthday sweetie oh wish I had known would have sent you a card,so chuffed you had a fantastic birthday Hun,
as for you card its stunning,your colouring and detail is amazing take care hun hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Debs and in such patriotic colours too! I hope you had a fab birthday, you had some stunning cards and looks like you were thoroughly spoilt :) Donna ♥ x

Mau xx said...

Didn't you do well, Glad you had a super Birthday Debs.
Gorgeous card Love the image and coloured beautifully.
Hugs Mau XX

sallysbitz said...

You lucky lady having sooo many cards. All Gorgeous x

Hope you had a fab birthday x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

Elaine said...

Wow how lucky are you Krista what fabulous crafty friends you have a what beautiful cards. A belated birthday wish from me.
Your card is super I love how you have used the union jack and your colouring is super well done hugs Elaine

Chrissy said...

I love this image, gorgeous colouring and details...beautiful card..


Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous card and your coloring is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at PTW!
hugs, Sharon

Lisa Jane said...

oops i forgot to say
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
Lisa x

Melly said...

What a stunning creation!
Gorjuss colours and love your sweet wee image, perfect for our "Special Lady" Challenge!
Thanks for joining in the fun at Dream Valley Challenges this time
Hugs Melly xxx

Kathleen said...

So pretty, gorgeous image and colours. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley
Hugs
Kat x