Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 3 March 2012

Spread your Wings at Allsorts

Good morning. It's Saturday so that must mean it's time for a new challenge at 


and this time the lovely Brenda has picked the theme

SPREAD YOUR WINGS

Our sponsor this week is


and Sally is offering 1 lucky winner 
6 images of their choice

Here's my card:
I really really enjoyed putting this together.


And here's how I did it
I started by inking a piece of square card stock with Broken China Distress Ink and then inked the edges with Brushed Corduroy. Then I stamped PB Text Script all over using Versamark and heat embossed with Cosmic Shimmer True White EP


I lightly inked a small tag with the same Distress Inks and over stamped with Creative Expressions swirl stamp and heat embossed with white EP
The butterfly is my favourite butterfly stamp - Creative Expressions - stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with True White EP onto Vellum I coloured the reverse with a Promarker, added a touch of Glamour Dust then cut it out and layered onto the tag with a few adhesive pearls added to the body.
Sentiment - Kaisercraft stamped and heat embossed and die cut with Spellbinders Gromet Tag and attached with some pearl brads.
I 'coloured' some white seam binding using Distress Inks to match and added a double bow with a button and some button twine to the top of the tag.


Hope you like it :o)
Please pop over to the main challenge blog to see the awesome inspiration from my DT buddies - you won't be disappointed :o)

Challenges I would like to enter:
Flutterby Wednesdays - Open Theme (to include butterfly, fairy or angel)
Penny's Paper Crafting - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Perfect Sentiments - Anything Goes with a Die Cut
Everybody Art - Monochrome
Stamp N Doodle - Embossing 
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Guylou's Inimitability - Things with Wings

Thanks for popping by.
Have a wonderful weekend.
TTFN

31 comments:

brenda said...

Super card Debs and great inking techniques.

Have a great weekend.

B x

Jan said...

Fab tag, I'm so pleased I saw it on MIM xx Jan

Faye said...

Debs, this is just sooooooooooooo stunning. Really gorgeous. xxx

-x-Nat-x- said...

This is absolutely stunning!! The butterfly is just absolutely gorgeous!! Love love love, lost for words! So glad I saw this on MIM!
Nat -x-

Laura said...

Hi Debs,
I have just added myself as a follower to your super blog! You have such beautiful creations.
I love card, thanks for sharing your techniques too!
Laura xx

Wishcraft said...

Beautiful card Debs :o) Love your gorgeous inky background and lovely butterfly too. Lisa x

The Card Maker said...

Debs, This is gorgeous. Beautiful technique! Thanks so much for playing with us at Guylou's Inimitability!

Chana
DT

Lisa M said...

I just want to hug this card. SO very pretty! Nicely done on all your techniques here. :)


Thank you for playing along with us at Make It Monday!
Remember, for a chance to win the prize from our sponsor, leave a comment for another entry and mention that you saw them on Make It Monday.
Lisa xx

Fleur said...

Oh Debs it's very beautiful and very elegant.
Have a lovely weekend
BUG HUGZ Fleur xXx

tweetybugshouse said...

wow how pretty thanks for playing at the perfect sentiment this week.

Vicky said...

Beautiful Debs...!

have a lovely evening sweetie...big hugs Vicky xx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

This is such a lovely card Hun and of course I love that butterfly...

Em xxx

Juls said...

gorgeously elegant!!! I love it!!! Hugs Juls

Donna Mosley said...

A beautiful creation Debs, love the gorgeous butterfly.

Donna x

Liz, said...

Wow Debs this is sooo gorgeous, love it!

Liz x

Donna said...

Wow Debs, this is absolutely stunning and such an elegant design...I love the script paper and beautiful detail on the butterfly, gorgeous work :) Donna ♥ x

Sue said...

Wow this is beautiful Debs! what a wonderful sentiment! gorgeous paper and distressing, and I love the fab design and ribbon detail - so pretty!
Hope you are well - have a great weekend!
Big Hugs!
Sue xx

scrap joanny said...

Debs - this is very sweet tag !!! thank so much for playing with Lollipop crafts :-))hugs Joanna

Cheryl said...

oh Debs just love this,love the inking on this Hun,works beautifully hugs Cherylxx

Anna said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Flutter By Wed.

Mimi said...

Beautiful! Gorgeous embossing and details! Thanks for joining us on Lollipop Crafts! ;)

Roxann said...

So beautiful, Debs! Glad you played at Guylou's!

Elaine said...

What a beautiful sentiment and such a lovely card Sue I like your style of crafting I am your newest follower.
Hugs Elaine

Elaine said...

Stupid me ....did I just call you Sue , if I did I appologise. Im having a bad day today been upstairs twice and didnt know why I went up there, sat down with my toast this morning and left hubby without any???. Sorry Debs Love your style .
Hugs Elaine

Pop's Cards said...

HI sweetie this is gorgeous x

Trina said...

This is so pretty! The techniques you used work together beautifully! Thanks for sharing at Guylou's Inimitability!

Jo Channon said...

Hi Debs
This is so delicate especially with the butterfly. It is really up my street. Just lovely. Hope that you have had a lovely weekend.
Jo xx

Misty's Mum said...

A really beautiful card

The Paper Peasant said...

This is beautiful Debbie! So,elegant and rich!! Love the color! Thanks for playing along with perfect sentiments!!

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

beautiful Card !! I love it !! Thank you for joining EAC this week.
hugs
Tina46

Jennipher said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for playing at The Perfect Sentiment.