Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 8 March 2012

Cute as a Button at MAWTT

 Good morning.  Well it's Thursday so not only is it nearly the end of another week (this year is disappearing fast - don't you think?) but it also means it's time for another new challenge at 


and this week the very lovely and uber talented Laurie 

has picked the theme

AS CUTE AS A BUTTON

Our sponsor this week is 
and 1 lucky winner will win 
and you'll be spoilt for choice as they have soooooo many scrummy images to choose from :o)

The DT were very lucky to get some images to play with and here's what I decided to do.
I had bought some plain white shadow box frames from Ikea and I decided to 'decorate' one for my Great Nephew's 1st birthday next month using some fab buttons I won in a blog hop candy last year.  


The super cute image is Lenny Bee - available here
Simply coloured with PM's and Flexmarkers and mat and layered onto co-ordinating cardstock and two tiny buttons added to his antenna.



Alphas - Papermania cardstock stickers

Sorry about the poor photos - the glass made it so reflective it was difficult to get a picture that didn't show my ugly mug too :o)


Please pop over to the main challenge blog to see my teamies inspirational work - you won't be disappointed :o)
Hope you can find some time to join us this week - can't wait to see what you come up with.

Challenges I would like to enter:
Anything Goes - Boyz to Men 
Creative Craft Challenges - Boys will be Boys
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes

Thanks for popping by and any lovely comments you may leave.
Have a fabulous day.

TTFN

23 comments:

Krafty Kows said...

Wow had to drop by and let you know how much I love your project. So cute and pretty. Jeanette

Jac said...

Oh that is just so adorable and fab use of the buttons. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

Mau xx said...

What a fab project Debs, I love all the buttons and the sentiment is perfect for a baby xx
Hugs Mau xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh wow, this is fab missus, what a great idea, I'm sure he will love it!
Hugs Shell xx

Pami said...

Wow this is fabulous Debs! What a wonderful idea! Love it! All the buttons around the outside look amazing! Pami x

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW WOW WOW this is amazing what a great gift, I love the colours you have used, its ace, Love Hxxx

Rose Petal said...

WOW Debs, this is absolutely gorgeous, I love it. So much detail and very effective.
Lots of love, Sandra xxx

Gaynor said...

Hi, I love your project, what a gorgeous image and a fantastic idea, very inspirational, thanks for joining us at Anything goes for our Boyz to men challenge, hope to see you again soon, Gaynor DT :)

Lisa Jane said...

oh its fabulous .. what a great idea.. i love it and i am sure it will look fabulous hung on your nephews room.
Sooo cute
Lisa x

Teresa said...

Hi Debs, Wow, How fabulous is this - what a great idea! Love all the buttons, it will look superb on the wall :) Have a lovely evening, Higs, Teresa x

Vicky said...

This is totally fabulous sweetie. Ooooh love this soooooooooooo much hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Sue said...

Wow! when I first saw this on the DT blog I was blown away Debs - it's stunning!! I love the whole design - the cute teddy with his button antenna's and all those wonderful buttons around the frame!! I think it's really fab!!
Hope you are having a good week!
Big Hugs!
Sue xx

Nikbee said...

A wonderful project. I love all those buttons. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.
Nikki x

Fleur said...

Wow Debs, this is gorgeous, your title made me smile,it reminded of one of my first scrap pages. I had some paper with the words cute as a button and I was just experiment with my distressing style. I was happily wripping and scruffing. stuck it all down with a beautiful pic of Mac, stood back to admire my efforts, when I notice I'd wripped the "on" off the paper ~ leaving it to read "cute as a butt" lol ~ sorry for the long comment just had to share hehe!
BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx

Cheryl said...

oh Debs,this really is just so so cute just love this hugs Cherylxxx

DesignerDiva said...

Lol I don't know where to start - lovely and uber talented! Love it!! Blush blush!!
your frame is amazing Debs - nothing could be better for this theme! It's perfect and absolutely gorgeous! Love the colours, love the colouring and love the buttons - superb!
Hope your OK and John hasn't wore you out!
Hugs Laurie xx

Juls said...

wow this is amazing! hugs Juls

Poppet said...

Great project Debbie, love your use of buttons to decorate the frame and the tiny ones you have used on this antenna look very cute.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

Scrappy Scatty said...

lovely card, sweet bear
thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
Love Jan
xx

Claire said...

I love this Debs! Great use of buttons - so many of them! Love the Stamp Fairy images, they are sooo cute. Hugs, Claire x

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh Debs what a lot of buttons, lol, but tell you what they look fantastic so does the image, super project.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Beverley said...

Fab project. I love the image. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge.
Bev x

Mindy said...

Super cute project! I love the idea if the shadow box! and all the buttons.
Thanks for sharing with our Crafting When We Can Challenge :)