Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Red White and Ribbon for An Oldie But Goodie


Good morning. I can hardly believe that 2 weeks have past since our last challenge at 


this year is disappearing fast!!! 
But not quite as fast as the British Gas engineer said when he came to fix a leaking radiator for us last week - quote - "it'll soon be Christmas" - slight exaggeration me thinks :o)

Anyways it is time for a new challenge theme and this fortnight my very lovely friend and DT buddy Claire has picked:

RED WHITE AND RIBBON

Simples!

Here's what I came up with:


And here's what I used:
Image - Pink Petticoat - (this is my more than 6 months old item) coloured with PM's
Gingham Ribbon - Also more than 6 months old
Spellbinders Grand Nesties - Scalloped Circles and Plain Circles and Standard Scalloped Circles and Plain Circles
Marianne Designs Rolled Roses
Magnolia Foliage Punch 


This card was for Aaron, Kerry and Oliver when they moved 'again' yesterday into another new home - I'm quite happy they have moved again though because they are now even closer - so hopefully I might get to see Oliver even more :o)

Our sponsor this week is 



and they are very kindly offering 1 lucky winner
$10.00 gift certificate to spend in their online store

REMEMBER TO USE SOMETHING FROM YOUR STASH THAT IS AT LEAST 6 MONTHS OLD IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR THE CHANCE TO WIN THE PRIZE - AND DON'T FORGET TO LET US KNOW WHAT IT IS


Challenges I would like to enter:
Catered Crop - Red
Corrosive Challenge - Another Dimension
OSAAT - Use a Digi or No Image
Cardmadfairy's Digi Days - Don't be Square
Clearly Inspired - Let's Get Shapely
Crafty Ann's - Bold and Bright
Totally Papercrafts - Ribbon and/or Bows
C.R.A.F.T - No Designer Papers
Cupcake Craftroom - New Beginnings
Scrapbook Sisters - New Home

Before I go I just wanted to share a couple of photos of Oliver after he had his first taste of my chocolate cake on Sunday.

This first photo was when Jamie (my eldest son was behind the camera)


and then when I was taking the picture:


I am blessed that this is how he smiles at me all the time - long may it last :o)

Thanks for popping by.
Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

23 comments:

Fluffles said...

A great card, love your design Debs & the great fun image. Great photo's too - what a happy chappie! Guess he liked the cake then, Jx

DesignerDiva said...

OMG Debs when did Oliver grow so much?! What a gorgeous gorgeous little man - now I need a grandchild more than ever! You must be bursting with pride, he' s a little star! Your card is a little star too (you know how much I love it) but it's Oliver who's stolen the show for me today!
Big hugs Laurie xx

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is gorgeous so loving the colours you have used, a fabulous creation, love the photos he is so cute happy hugs love Pops x x x

Pami said...

The photos are adorable Debs! Love the second one!! Great card too, I like how you have mixed up the scallop sizes and really framed the image. Cute little ribbon and flowers too! Have a good day. Pami x

Pami said...

Be again Debs! Should have said thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Craftroom this month! Pami x

Loopylou. said...

aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww debs!! oliver is getting soo big!! and of course he smiles for nannie!!
super cute card too hun
huge hugs Lou xxxx

Lisa Jane said...

Gorgeous striking card .. and even more gorgeous grandson!
Lisa x

ribenaruby said...

Oh wow Debs, this shaped card is just so welcoming! Love everything on it and super pics of the little man, what a wonderful smile. ruby x

Linda said...

I was going to tell you how much I like your card and those flowers you made. But then I saw you pics and forgot all about the card ha ha. He is absolutely precious. Nothing better than a big smile after Chocolate cake. Thanks for joining us at Totally PaperCrafts Ribbons and Bows challenge. **Linda

Claire said...

Tell me about the week's flying by, 4 weeks on Saturday and I will be a married woman!!! I love your card - super shape, gorgeous image and love all the elements, I bet they were really chuffed with this card. Great pics of Oliver too - my he is growing up! Have a lovely evening. Hugs, Claire x

Sue said...

Aww this is gorgeous Debs! The image is really sweet! I love the design and the gorgeous rolled rose and gingham bow are so pretty! it's a really sweet card!
Oh Oliver is such a gem! He looks blissfully happy!! I think it's safe to say that he loved the chocolate cake!!
Hope you are well and having a good week!
Big Hugs!
Sue xx

Marjo said...

Wonderful Card, thanks so much for playing with us at OSAAT and the Corrosive.

I have some yummy blog candy here‘s the link if you are interested

Xoxo Marjo

Jules said...

Hi Debs

Stole a few minutes to have a quick catch up.

You have been posting some lovely makes .. .. and a lovely picture of Oliver. I am thinking he approves of chocolate cake!!! LOL!!!

Loving your circular card .. .. and I bet you loved making it knowing that your family would be moving closer to you!

Love Jules xx

Ann Whitfield said...

This is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Annie said...

a fabulous card Debs, love the touch of gingham and the circle layers. and that looks like it was a fabulous chocolate cake too!
hugs, annie x

Tracy said...

I love your image, so perfect for this colour challenge and for a new home too. Gorgeous creation.

He's so cute, chocolate cake and all LOL!

Happy crafting
Tracy x

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

What a beautiful mix of classic colors! Lovin the red and white and the image is adorable too! Fantasic job! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Crafty Ann's Challenge :)

Katie Butler said...

This card is so cute! I love the shape and the image and everything about it. Thanks for joining us at Cardmadfairy Challenge.

Catherine said...

Love the red and white on this... Photos are very cute as well. Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Cardmad Fairy.

jessica said...

I saw you over at Catered Crop and wanted to pop in and say awesome job!
Love the adorable image!!
TFS
jessica

Kathy D. said...

This card is beautiful. Love the red and white theme for the whole card. I like the added jewel to the sentiment.

Thanks for making a "shaped" item with us at Clearly iStamp. Hope to see you Friday when the new challenge is posted.

Theresa said...

What a fabulous card!! I love the image. So awesome. Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Craftroom.

Anne said...

Fabulous design and perfect for our challenge in the Cupcake Craftroom this month. Thanks for joining us. Hugs x