Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 16 February 2012

Get Well Soon at MAWTT

Hello again - this is my second post for today and this time it's to share my DT project for


and the theme this week has been picked by our lovely Shell

GET WELL SOON

I almost feel I could send this to myself today following an appointment I had at the hospital yesterday. I have been having some pain in my left elbow - a bit like when you bang your funny bone but the pain is almost constant - for most of the time over the past 6-9 months I have been ignoring it but lately it has got worse and I have difficulty picking things up so I thought it best to get it checked out. Anyways it turns out I have a condition known as 'Golfer's Elbow' - to which I replied when the consultant told me "but I don't play  golf" - he laughed and said it's the same as Tennis Elbow but it affects the muscle on the opposite side of the elbow.
So to cut a long story short the treatment option he suggested was a steroid injection in the elbow - if I could let him do it because where he needed to inject is right where the pain is and it really is sooooooooo tender to touch - but I bit my lip, squeezed the nurse's hand and he injected my elbow - OOOOUUUCCCHHHH 
I cannot express the pain and today my whole arm feels like a sack of spuds is hanging from it :o(
and the pain is at least twice as bad as it was before the treatment - I really hope that doesn't last too long!!!
The next course of action if the steroid injections don't work could be surgery - so I am not looking forward to that at all :o(

Anyways enough rambling here's the card I may just send to myself lol!!!!!!


I have used an uber cute LOTV die cut - available here and what a bargain - 6 images for just £1.00
I used a Spellbinders Small Labels 1 re-cut mine.
The scrummy spring like DP's were a Digi downlaod by Michelle Coleman from Memory Makers 'Wild Sorbet' collection but the link doesn't seem to be available now - sorry :o(
The sentiment was a freebie with this month's HOTP Paper Pack from SC&P  and I thought it matched perfectly :o)


To finish I added a Spellbinders flower die cut topped with pearl brad, a few Memory Box leaves and some adhesive pearls.
Hope you like it :o)


Our sponsor this week is 
and Di is offering 1 lucky winner $10 to spend instore

Please pop over to the main challenge blog and check out the fab inspiration from the rest of the DT - you won't be disappointed.

Challenges I would like to enter:
Lil's Little Fairies - Anything Goes
Truly Scrumptious - All Creatures Great and Small
Partytime Tuesday - Get Well Wishes
Anything Goes - Bingo 'Flower, Free Choice, Animals'
Crafty Emma - Lots of Layers
Totally Papercrafts - Rainbow (the striped paper has all the colours of the rainbow)

Thanks for popping by.
Have a fabulous day.
We're off to Weston Super Mare for a stroll and Fish N Chips - scrummy yummy :o)
Hope to catch up with you all later.
TTFN

15 comments:

Claire said...

Another gorgeous card hun, lovely cute image and love the pastel papers. Sorry to hear about your elbow. Mark has "tennis" elbow and has had two injections so far which have not worked and has been to see a physio and is due to now have a scan and then back to the physio over the next week. Trouble is with him plastering it constantly hurts .... hope you can get sorted soon. And the sack of spuds feeling is normal!! Hugs, Claire xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Sending ya huge huge hugs missus! I remember having steroids in my knee & omgosh it killed made me cry lots! Mine didn't work & I had to have an op, that didn't work either 3 more ops down the line still no better! BUT my mom had tennis elbow 1 steroid injection & all is well!
Fab card, love the super cute image & the soft colours!
Hugs Shell xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh Debs Ouchhhhhh!!!Sending you huge hugs, that sounds so sore, hope the steroids help soon.

I love this card its so sweet and just right to cheer someone up if they are down, Love Hxx

Lisa Jane said...

oh what a pretty card - i love the layout and that cute little bunny
Lisa x

Rose Petal said...

Hi Debs. How beautiful is this. Gorgeous colours, very delicate and calming. Love the design too with that really cute image.
Oh dear, that sounds like more pain to me. Please take care and I hope you feel in less pain very soon.
Love Sandra xxx

Sue said...

Aww Debs you poor thing! That all sounds awful !! Ooh I really hope the injection pain settles down and the treatment actually works!!
Your card is So cute! I love the LOTV image and it's perfect with these gorgeous papers. Beautiful layout and I love the delish flower and sentiment!!
I hope you feel a lot better very soon!
Sending Big Cyber Hugs!
Sue xx

DesignerDiva said...

I do like Debs... A lot actually! This is pretty spectacular my friend! Love the gorgeous soft colours, the fabby layers, super cute image and how you have re cut it - all superb in my eyes.
Poor you with the elbow, my husband had tennis elbow, his injection did work but he said the pain was the worst thing ever. Since then he's had housemaids knee and police mans heel and refused any more injections!
Hope you enjoyed your fish and chips
Hugs Laurie xx

*Vicki* said...

AWW!!! She's so soft and sweet!! Love the image too!! HUGS

Mary J said...

OH wow, super sweet Debs - totally ADORE this soft make!

Cheryl said...

oh Hun this is one super cute image,and those pastel colours are just gorgeous, beautiful detail as always Hun,hope you feel better soon Hun thinking of you hugs Cherylxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Debs this is so lovely that image would cheer anyone up he is sooo cute and those papers, colours and design look terrific.
hugs
Lorraine x

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card sweetie loving the lush image.
I remember having tennis elbow a couple of times & ended up having the injection every time. The pain does get worse but usually does settle down. Fingers crossed it does for you shug. Take care sweets.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is stunning I so love this cutie, gorgeous colours too hugs pops x

Holly Young said...

This is absolutely PRECIOUS! I love the colors!

thanks for playing with us at Party Time Tuesdays this week! Good Luck!

Holly PTT DT

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

This is so sweet! So sorry to hear about your elbow, ouch all right, fingers crossed that the one dose does the trick for you as surgery would be more painful and more hassle! Thank you and the MAWTT girls for having e on board the past 4 weeks. It has been a pleasure to craft and work along side you all, Thanks :)