Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Back to Work with the Oldies


 Good morning. Today I would like to share my DT card for our first challenge of 2012 at

AN OLDIE BUT GOODIE

But first I need to let you know about some exciting changes that hopefully will make it soooooo much easier for you all to join in the fun with us each fortnight.
From this challenge onwards all you need to do is use anything from your stash that is at least 6 months old. So it could be Design Papers, Flowers, A Die - anything at all as long as you have had for it at least 6 months. You can also use a rubber, clear, cling or DIGI stamp now too that is at least 6 months old.
So how much easier is that :o)

This fortnight the lovely Janice has picked the theme:

BACK TO WORK
(this could be any type of card with a person at work on it)
Our sponsor this fortnight is
BUGABOO STAMPS

and they are offering 1 lucky winner 7 digi images of their choice.
The DT were lucky enough to have some images to work with.I chose this fabby Stella image available here.
There will be a number of peeps returning back to work this week following the Christmas and New Year break that won't be too pleased but will no doubt be offering happy New Year wishes to their work colleagues - so my card is a Happy New Year card for just such an occassion :o)

And here's what I did:
I created the background using some cor'dinations cardstock and Creative Expressions Flower Mask that I ran through the Grand Calibur to embossed and then I sanded it back. I also pierced round the edges using my new Tim Holtz Design Ruler - it's fab :o)

The strip of Design Paper is Echo Park - Walk in the Park - a digi download available here
Image coloured with PM's
I added Glossy Accents to the PC screen and the wheels of the chair.
Flowers from stash - blinged up with some adhesive gems.
Leaves - Memory Box die.

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to see the fabulous inspiration from my lovely DT buddies - you won't be disappointed :o)

Challenges I would like to enter:

 Crafty Boots - New Beginnings
House of Gilli - Anything Goes
Lexi's Creations - Anything Goes
Dream Valley Challenges - Anything Goes
Catch the Bug - Anything Goes

Thanks for popping by.
Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

17 comments:

Fleur said...

Oh Debs, such a fab & fun card ~she looks like I feel first thing LOL
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Cheryl said...

oh debs this is brilliant love that fun image and super layout hugs cherylxxx

DesignerDiva said...

Love this card Debs, the flower embossing is just gorgeous and the strip of patterned paper is perfect across the middle.
Hope you're well Hunny
Hugs Laurie x

Sue said...

Oh this is FAB Debs! I love the Bugaboo images so much - they really make me smile !! Gorgeous papers, embossing and love, love those flowers!!
Hope you have a good day!
Hugs Sue xx

Crafty Daffy said...

Your card is great! I love the old gal image and the dimension of the card is super. I agree with Laurie about the embossed flowers in the background and the flower patterned paper. They go really well! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Boots for our New Beginnings Challenge xx Denise

Wishcraft said...

Love this Debs :o) Such a fun image, fab colours and love that gorgeous embossing! Lisa x

Tracy said...

Love the colours and design Debs, a great creation with fun too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Dee's Craft Room said...

I love this card Debs, the colours, the backing panels and the actual image, fabulous.

Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is really gorgeous, hugs Pops x

Pami said...

Great card Debs! Love the image!! And the colours are so fresh and gorgeous! Have a great day. Pami x

sharon said...

Brillant card, I love the image. Thanks for playing along at Lexis Creations. Sharon x

sara said...

hiya debs great card love that embossed background cant remember the last time i did embossing maybe i should looks fab !! thanks so much for joining us at dream valley this week
hugs sara x x x

Mel said...

Oh, what a fun card, great image. Thank you for joining us at House of Gilli challenges.

Tineke said...

What a Fab card! Just love the hwole combination of colors, flowers and the digi =)Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations. Tineke

Jodie Mackrell said...

love Stella! lovely colors! thanks for joining this weeks anything goes challenge at catch the bug!

Debs said...

a real fun card :0)..thanks for sharing it with us at DVC and good luck..hugs Debs x

Fluffles said...

Sorry Debs, I just noticed I never left you a comment on your great card. As you know I'm a big Bugaboo fan & you've done Stella proud. Jx