Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 29 November 2011

A Christmas Gift

 Good morning. I can hardly believe we have less than 4 weeks to go now until the 'big day' and if you're anything like me you still have lots to do - including loads more cards and handmade gifts to make.

So I used this fortnight's theme at

AN OLDIE BUT GOODIE 

as an opportunity to cross at least 1 gift off my never ending list :o)

as the theme this fortnight is


CHRISTMAS - BUT RED & GREEN SHOULD NOT BE SEEN

I have made a tissue box cover - I saw a tutorial for this over on the Splitcoasterstampers site here

I printed the Design Paper from Nitwits 'Grins and Giggles' collection - available here direct onto linen card from the Papermill Direct
 Image: Christmas Morning Tilda - Christmas Collection 2009 coloured with Flexmarkers and PM's
The 'lace' around the lid was made using Spellbinders edgeabilities and inked with Spun Sugar DI whilst still in the die.
The frame around the tissue box opening is a Spellbinders Doily Motif die - and a plain circle nestie.

Snowflake - Marianne Createable and wooden flower embellie blinged up with Stamp and Bond and Glamour Dust with sparkly pink gemstone added to the centre to finish it off.
Sentiment - Creative Expressions

Don't forget to use a rubber or acrylic stamp (no digis allowed - sorry) 6 months or more old to be in with a chance of winning the fabulous prize on offer this time - see the main challenge blog for full details and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous inspiration.
Hope you can join in the fun with us this fortnight and cross a few Christmas cards/gifts/projects off your list too.

I enjoyed making this one so much I made another one as well:




So now that's two gifts off the list :o)

Challenges I would like to enter:

4 Crafty Chicks - Snowflakes
Papercrafting Journey - Anything Goes
I Love Promarkers - Anything Goes
Fussy and Fancy - Make a Gift
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Paper Creations Ink - Christmas
Creative Inspirations Paint - Anything But a Card
By the Cute & Girly - Christmas Girls

Before I go I would just like to wlecome my recent new followers - it's so lovely to see you here - thank you :o)
Maybe I could get to 300 followers before the end of the year - do you think?
Oh I feel some celebration candy coming on :o)

Thanks for popping by.
Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

22 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh these are gorgeous Debs
luv
Debby

Fluffles said...

Wow, you're on a roll with these little beauties! Great idea, and lovely little gifts! Jx

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow these are beautiful Debs .. i love them both .. but the secnod one would look lovely on the table in my lounge lol
Lisa x

Cheryl said...

oh wow debs this is just stunning,the detail is fantastic hugs cherylxx

Nicola said...

Beautifully decorated tissue boxes Debs, what fab gifts, love them both!
Love Nicola xxx

Sue said...

Aww this is gorgeous Debs! Love the Tilda image and you've coloured her so beautifully! Stunning creation!
Ah and another one! Love the brown colour combo and the ribbon is lush - they are so pretty!
Hope you have a good day
Hugs Sue xxx

Lori said...

Wow! Such amazing cards! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

DesignerDiva said...

WOW Debs thought the first one was gorgeous when I saw it on the DT blog but the second just knocked my socks off! Love the idea and the execution and that bow on the 2nd!!!
We must have been seperated at birth we use the same stuff so often!!
Hope your well and not over gymed out!
Hugs Laurie xx

Paper Creations Ink said...

Thank You For Joining Paper Creations Ink; We Always Enjoy Seeing Your Creative Talents! Have A Wonderful Holiday Season!

Riet said...

So gorgeous box,s Debs,I love the images and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Claire said...

Amazing gift idea - I have a box in the cupboard along with many more items awaiting a crafty treatment, but I don't think I will ever get round to making them at this rate LOL. Both boxes are gorgeous, fabulous papers and images. Hoping I can stay awake for Celebrity, I am absolutely knackered and although tomorrow is a strike day I am in for half of it! Hugs, Claire x

Pat said...

These are soooo beautiful Debbie. The box is out of this world. I hope we can see more of your work here at PCI. Thank you for playing with us at Paper Creations Ink - Pat

Tracy said...

Hi debs,
Love the colours you chose for this challenge. Gorgeous creations. Wonderful gift idea
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Tamie said...

Wonderful creations. Love the fact that your created tissue box covers and the images you used are awesome. The touch of the snowflakes is just perfect. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

BarbaraW said...

Wonderful tissue boxes. Great gifts. Thanks for sharing your art in the Creative Inspirations Paints challenge.

Shirley-anne said...

HI Deb.Both boxes are so stylish and will make beautiful gifts .Love everthing about them . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

Shirley-Anne

Ira said...

Fab creations, love your boxes, you've dressed them up so pretty! Thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet comment, take care, Ira

Marjo said...

Awesome project! Thanks so much for playing with us at Paper Creations Ink.

xoxo Marjo

Juls said...

wow these are just gorgeous!!! such a fabulous gift idea!! Hugs Juls

beadz said...

Your tissue box holders are so sweet! Thanks so much for playing with us at Creative Inspirations Paint Challenge! We hope to see you again next week - and good luck!
hugs,
Gini

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Debs these are absolutely beautiful, I love them both the colours are super, the embellishments perfect, Tilda is amazing, top notch creations.
hugs
Lorraine x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful tissue box covers, really gorgeous.. The gold is so elegant.
Thanks for joining in with us at 'Fussy and Fancy'

Luv CHRISSYxx