Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Let Sleeping Bears Lie

 Hi I'm back again with my second post for today - not done that in a while :-)
This tome it's to share a card I have made for my brother who has recently become a Grandad - I know - another new baby in our family - this is number 4!!! 
As far as I know there are no more due now!!!
I took my inspiration for this card from this Month's Crafty Calendar challenge - 'Let Sleeping Bears Lie' and knew I had this image that would fit the bill nicely. They are also having a DT call so thought I might try my luck :-)
I also decided to use the fab sketch at Willow Sketchie - designed by my lovely blogging buddy Claire


So here's my take on it:

 and here's what I used:
Image - Meljen Designs - Sleepytime Bear - Coloured with PM's
DP's - Pink Petticoat - Stripes and Dots
Rainbow Shimmer Mirri Card
 Spellbinders - Labels 20 to make the frame around the image
Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts & Retro Flower Punch
Adhesive Gem Stomes from stash

Here's a close up of the image: see the gorgeous rainbow of colours from the shimmer card
And here when the light really catches it:
Challenges I would like to enter:
Crafty Calendar - Let Sleeping Bears Lie and DT call
Willow Sketchie - Sketch
The Crazy Challenge - Spots and/or Stripes
Alphabet Challenge - P for Pretty Pastels
Cardmad Fairy's Digi Days Challenge - Use a digi and add flowers
Crafty Catz - Monochromatic
Aud Sentiments - Card/Sentiment for a Girl

Thanks for popping by (again).
Enjoy the rest of the afternoon.
TTFN

16 comments:

cotnob said...

A lovely card, such a cute image. Thank you for joining us at Willow Sketchie this Week.
Pauline
x

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this is absolutely gorgeous I love the image its lush & I love the effect of the mirri card!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Claire said...

Aww Debs this is just gorgeous - love the adorable image and that shimmer card is just amazing, you've caught it so well on camera. Thanks for playing along with my sketch at Willow Sketchie this week. Good luck and hope you will join us again tomorrow for a new challenge. Hugs, Claire x PS. I think there's something in the water down you way LOL.

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW Debs this is amazing, I love the holographic card, Just wanna keep looking at it, Thanks for playing on Willow Sketchie this week Hazelxox

lindyloo said...

Hi Debs
oooo your card is such a cutie the image is gorgeous thank you for playing along with us this week at crafty catz hugs linda x

Wishcraft said...

Aww so lovely Debs :o) Super cute image and love the papers and shimmery card. Lisa x

Michelle B. said...

Aww, how cute is that! The colors are fab and the shimmer is a perfect detail. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments this week!
Michelle B.

carol said...

aah adorable image, and beautiful card, good luck with the DT call.
Thanks for joining in with our challenge at CRAFTY CATZ this week, x carol

craftybunny said...

How sweet the little bear is.Love the shimmery rainbow effect - so pretty.Thanks for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

* Shaz * said...

Beautiful card, thank you for joining us at Alphabet challenges, hope you will join us again. x

Curlybear said...

Wow this is a wonderful creation, beautiful colour theme and image , its just perfect for our challenge this week,

thank you so much for joining us at the Crafty Catz Challenge 99 Monochromatic and we hope you stop by next week and join in with the fun,

I also have some calorie free candy if you are interested

Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :0) x

Crafty Catz DT

Kellylouj said...

A great card for this weeks challenge at WSC, thanks for joining in.

Kelly x

Merry said...

Stunning card....love that rainbow mirra card and such a wonderful layout. Thanks for joining us at Cardmadfairy Digi Days. Not sure if you are able to change it but you have linked to a Christmas Card not to this card in Mr Linky.

Merry said...

Oh just me again...Funny thing is this card shows in our Mr Linky list but when I visit I come to the Hedgehog Christmas card. Oh well...I found it.

lynne said...

Hi Debs,
Love your bear.. just adorable! Love that mirri card and your papers are fab!
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this month and for entering our DT call!
Good Luck!!
Lynne x x

mabel connor said...

Your let sleeping bears lie cards are so cute.
You are a very tallented lady.
Can you please tell me where to but rainbow shimmer mirra card
Mabel (Australia)