Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Lots of Sparkle at An Oldie But Goodie

 Good  morning. Well we are back from our weekend travels and thoroughly shattered - must be getting too old for it all :-)
Legoland was fabulous - even if the heavens opened - we all got plastic ponchos and looked liked something that had arrived from another planet lol!!!!
The rain was a very good excuse for Grandma (me) to take cover and look after the babies :-)
Then Sunday at Alton Towers the sun shone all day long :-)
Jack and Katy had a blast on all the main rides whilst Grandma & Grandad enjoyed a leisurely stroll with little Lola Arizona.
Thank you to everyone that has popped over to see my posts whilst I've been away - it was great to read all your lovely comments - I hope to catch up with you all over the next few days :-)

Anyways onto to today's share and it is my DT card for An Oldie But Goodie where this fortnight the lovely Tracy would like to see

LOTS OF SPARKLE

Our sponsor this fortnight is 
 
Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps And More will award either 5 digital stamps or 4 digital stamps 
and 1 paper pack of the winner's choice to the winner of this challenge.

I have used a very neglected lovely Tilda and for my sparkle I decided to use some gorgeous Gold Glamour Dust - so I 'coloured' her dress with a Quickie Glue Pen and then sprinkled it with the Glamour Dust - simples and so sparkly!
The gold swirl cardstock is from Hunkydory - gorgeous quality.

Finishing touches:
Crushed silk ribbon and co-ordinating stitched grosgrain ribbon from stash
My favourite Cuttlebug snowflake die cut from glitter paper


Challenges I would like to enter:

Make it Monday - Always Anything Goes
Stamps R Us - Anything Goes
Christmas Inspirations - Clean & Simple
Totally Tilda - Fit for a Princess


Before I go I would like to share a few of my favourite photos from the weekend:

Oliver and Lola
 Lola

 3 generations - Great Grandma Norma Grandson Jack and Great Grand Daughter Lola
 Oliver


14 comments:

Lisa M said...

Debs,
This is a fantastic post! Your poncho story was a hoot. LOL
LOVE this card. I don't know if it's just me, but it looks like a very expensive chocolate bar that is decorated for a gift. It's yummy! Is that weird? HAHAHA...it's gorgeous either way and the pics of the grandkids are precious. :)
Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Make It Monday!
~Lisa xx
Remember, for a chance to win the prize from our sponsor, just leave a comment for another entry. Mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning! WOO HOO!!

StephC said...

Love the gold, and your card! What fabulous pictures of your family as well. So glad you joined us for this weeks CCC!

Alanna said...

What a gorgeous card. I love all the gold. Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

MV said...

I really like the card, especially the gold and white colour scheme. I also enjoy the glitter on the girl's outfit, adds a special touch to the card.

Claire x said...

Gorgeous card Debs, lovin' all the bling! At least you used a stamp that was more than 6 months old - I had such a rush on the night before, grabbed an image out of my basket irrelevant of what it was and hey presto a card - it is in fact a digi stamp OMG I was mortified this morning when a kind blogging friend pointed it out to me!! Glad you had a fab few days away, you certainly have been very busy and I love all the pics. Hugs, Claire x

Judie said...

Deb,
What a wonderful sparkling Tilda, love her dress, embossed bg is fab. Came here from MIM TFS

Judie #54

Tammy said...

Adorable card!! Such a sweet image and I love all of the gold! Cute grandbabies too! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamps R Us!
Tammy :)

Wishcraft said...

Ooh what a fabulously glam card Debs, love all the sparkle! Lovely pics too :o) Lisa x

Christine said...

Hi Debs stunning Tilda creation but sadly dosnt comply with the chall theme "Fit for a Princess" Must include a princess Tilda or Word Princess or a Crown..yours is clearly a Christmas creation..you have untill Sat27th Aug to re enter this chall theme..we at Totally Tilda hope to see your gorgeous Tilda creations soon.

thanks for your understanding Christine entry manager TT DT & girlies x

Tracy said...

Hi Debs,
Love your take on my sparkle challenge, Tilda looks like she should be on the Red carpet with that gorgeous gold dress. gorgeous creation and a fab image.

Love your photo's too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

CARLA PREDIGER said...

Nice card. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges.

Chocolate Orange said...

What a blingtastic card !! Love your photos also..
Thanks for sharing your creation with us at One Stitch At A Time for our 'Bling it up' challenge. Good Luck !!
Choccy x

Katina said...

Hi Debs,
Ooh, your trip sounds exhausting; I just can't do those any more, lol!! Gorgeous photos and I just love Lola's name!!!

Your card is beautiful;so rich looking and sooo Christmassy!
xx

Gaynor said...

What a fab Christmas card, you have done a great job with this card, thanks for sharing with us at OSAAT, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)