Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 9 August 2011

The Great Outdoors at An Oldie But Goodie

 Good morning. Hope you are all well today. I seem to be having a problem with a delay in my posts showing in Blogger Dashboard - when I post in the morning it isn't showing in dashboard until the evening - very bizzare - if anyone knows why or what I can do to fix it I would be very grateful :-)
Today we have a new challenge theme for you over at  
as picked by my lovely DT buddy Lisa 

THE GREAT OUTDOORS
Remember that the idea behind our challenge is to dig out those old neglected rubber/acrylic stamps 
(no digi images) and bring them to life

I decided to get ahead and make a card for my Dad's birthday in October - nice to be organised for a change instead of chasing my own tail :-)
I also re-visited some techniques that I haven't used for some time.
I used Creative Expressions stamps from the Create a Scene range and did some masking and stamping with Distress Inks then dragging out the colour and then distressed the cardstock with the same colour to give an old sepia effect finish. 



Some simple matt & layering of co-ordinating cardstock and some BG alphas (originally white) coloured with a PM to finish it off - nice & simples.
Very unfussy but I think my Dad will like it.


Challenges I would like to enter:

Dream Valley - Distressing
Cute Card Thursday - No Designer Paper
Cards for Men - Clean & Simple
Creative Stamp Friends - Homemade Background
Birthday Sundaes - Birthday Card 

Thanks for popping by.
Off to make some pancakes for Jack - yummy scrummy!
Have a  fab day.
TTFN

20 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

what a wonderful scene .. great masking and i love the distressing .. a fab card for a male
Lisa x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Debs.

Hugs Riet.xx

Claire x said...

This is a beautiful card hun and your Dad is going to love it. Hugs, Claire x

Vicky said...

Just so beautiful Debs...and your Dad will just love it hun...

have a lovely evening...hugs Vicky xx

Pauline C said...

Fantastic card Debs - great scene and fab style for a man.
Hugs
pauline x

coldwaters2 said...

What a fabulous card Debs that image and colour look so vintage I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Wishcraft said...

Oh such a lovely card Debs! Love the scene you've created and fab distressing :o) Lisa x

Glitter Monkey said...

Lovely creation!! Thank you for joining in with us on Cute Card Thursday. Lol Lynn ♥

Pop's Cards said...

Debs this is stunning honey looks antique i love this the best you have ever made, hugs pops x

DesignerDiva said...

I love this gorgeous card Debs, great technique and for an October birthday??? I'm super impressed lol

Have a great day my friend

Hugs Laurie x

Sonia said...

Gorgeous card...Thanks for joining us at Birthday Sundaes...HUGS...SK :)

Cheryl said...

oh hun this is one stunning scene,you have created here great masking,brilliant hugs cherylx

Teresa said...

Brilliant card Debs, great image.
Teresa xx

Tracy said...

Your dad is gonna really love this card Debs, it's gorgeous and the tones look fabulous.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

This is gorgeous! I love the sepia effect on it! Thanks for playing along with us at Birthday Sundaes!
Amber

Patricia St Martin said...

Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men Challenge. You did a great job making your card Clean and Simple. I love seeing you creations. Good luck on the challenge.
Hugz, Patricia

Kristie said...

Fantastic one layer card! Thank you for playing along with Birthday Sundaes!

melsanford said...

Lovely card! Love the distressing :-) Thankyou for joining us at Dream Valley! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Carrie's Corner said...

Great job on your distressing! I really like the sepia effect of your card! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.

Hugs
Carrie

Michaela said...

A beautiful card, a great design and wonderful colors.

Thank you for your participation at Creative stamp Friends.

A nice greeting Michaela