Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, 6 July 2011

When is a sock not a sock? (and the winner of Simply Cards & Papercrafts mag)

Good afternoon peeps. Hope you are all well. It feels like an age since I last posted but the reality is that it's only a couple of days :-)
It has been nearly a week though since I was last able to craft - due to my recent Carpel Tunnel Release OP and that's the reason for the title of my post today.

I have finally had the mahoooossssivvvee bandage taken off my hand and replaced with a far more manageable dressing - but in order to keep in clean and intact I have improvised a cover for it using a sock :-)
 And this is what it's covering:
 If you are squeamish - look away now:

 So today has been the first day I have managed do to a little crafting and here is the card I would like to share with you:
 I created the background using Pink Sherbert & Lettuce Alcohol Inks on glossy cardstock and then ran it through the Grand Calibur with a florl Creative Expressions embossing mask. I then added a touch of Antique Gold ink acroos the card and round the edges - very sublte effect.

The adorable image is a freebie from The Stamp Fairy - coloured with PM's 


 I have also used another new gorgeous Spellbinders die -cut to create the border down the side and a few punched flowers.


I would like to enter the following challenges:
 Stamp Fairy - Fabulous Sketch
Bearly Mine - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
OSAAT - Use a Digi
Quirky Crafts - No Backing Papers - make your own

Sorry for taking so long to announce who won the Simply Cards & Papercraft Magazine 
but finally I am and the lucky winner is 

Debbie from Debs' Crafty Time

Congrats hun please e-mail your snail mail to me at
jesimpson@mar08.freeserve.co.uk
and I will pop in the post for you.
Thanks for popping by.
Enjoy the rest of the day.
See you tomorrow with a fab new challenge at MAWTT.
TTFN

27 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ohhh yucky hand but bet it feels so much better soon. Love the card. Love Hazelxoxox

Spyder said...

eooowah, yucky hand! but it looks like it's on the bend! Lovely card though!! Great background, thank you for joining Quirky Craft's, don't forget to pop back in two weeks to vote for your favourite!!

Nannieflash said...

You'll certainly be better of now youve had it done and yours seems to be healing well, mine didnt do so well.
Fabulous card love it,Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Debs.
Hugs Riet.xx

Claire x said...

There's some nice stitches on that hand LOL - reminds me of my knee when I had my op! Hopefully it won't be too long before you are back to normal. Great card - love the image and fab colours. Hugs, Claire x

Steph said...

Such a sweet card!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Ooooh Debs - that doesn't look very nice! Of course I don't mean the card - that's gorgeous!! Hope the op' has been successful - love and hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Mummylade said...

I hope you're well after the operation, quite a handy sockaltering =)

DesignerDiva said...

Your look away now warning needs to be bigger!! I looked!!
OMG Debs that must have hurt!!

Love the card - hate the hand!!

Big Hugs Laurie xx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card Debs...and such a cute image hun..!

Well from a nurse's view...your hand looks great!!..nice n clean..and I might nick the idea for my patients dressings..lol..!

take care...and make sure you don't over do it...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Marie said...

Thank god I didn't have to do that OP, a close call. LoL You have made a wonderful card. It's totally adorable. Thanks for playing with us over at BMC this time.
Love n hugs
Marie

Lisa Jane said...

I love looking at scars lol.. must be the nature of my job lol
Looks neat! Hope its not too painful.
LOve the card .. the embossing and the die cut are fab
Lisa x

Fleur said...

Hi Debs, hope you feeling better, Your hand looks so sore. I agree with Laurie, I saw the picture before I read the warning lol.
Gorgeous card. Big HUGZ Fleur xXx

Gerda said...

Hi Hon

what a cute card.. I love the paper you created for the background, you are sooo creative!

Thanks for playing with us at Stampfairy Challenge this week.

Hugs, Gerda

Jules said...

Oh Debs that looks sore!!!

Bet you are pleased to be getting rid of that huge bandage.

Loving your cute card.

Saw my Son and his wife a few times on TV .. .. but had to do a bit of freeze framing etc for some of the shots.

I think the right person went.

Love Jules xx

Samantha said...

Hi Debs you will feel so much better even just after the op My husband said his fingers were not paining any more and sleeping was once again a pleasure! your card is soooo cute and well now your hand is getting better your gonna have so much fun crafting!
Thanks for playing along with us on the Stamp Fairy Challenge this time, hugs Samantha

Jacki Randolph said...

Hi Deb, oh what a gorgeous card!! Love your take with our sketch! glad to see your on the mend and Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp Fairy!

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Love the card - that new Spellbinders die is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at StampFairy.

Deanne :)

Love crafts forever said...

I hope you feel better very soon. Thank you so much for playing with us at OSAAT this week, and good luck for the prize.
Hugs Nataliya

Wenda said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at OSAAT tis week.

Hugs Wenda

Nikki Byrne said...

Gorgeous image and I just love your background! Thank you for joining us this week at OSAAT. Good luck.. Nikki DT

gina g said...

Gorgeous card Debs I love the sweet image. I hope your hand is feeling better now take care. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine this time. luv gina xx

Lisa said...

Thanks for joining us at Stamp Fairy, hope to see you next week!! and ouch!!!!

Carissa said...

Thanks for playing at StampFairy. Your card is adorable.
carissa

Annette said...

Love your card, but your photos of your op made me wince! My hubby gets CT and just manages it with stretches at the moment, he works in IT so that doesn't help using a computer all day. Anyway, great card, thanks for joining in with our sketch challenge at StampFairy. Annette xx

martina's kaartjes said...

hope you will be getting well soon... looks impressive...
like your card ! lovely done,
thanks for joining stampfairy,
greetings, martina (stampfairy dt)
x

Caro said...

I hope you are fully recovered soon. Gorgeous card though. Thank you for joining in with my challenge on Quirky Crafts this week.