Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 16 July 2011

We're Still Playing Free & Easy at Allsorts

 Good morning. Ooops I'm running late with my post today - I slept in - which is really most unlike me!!!! Anyway we are still playing Free & Easy at Allsorts and you all seem to be loving it - we had some gorgeous entries again last week and I'm sure it wasn't easy for Brenda to choose her Top5.

My card today has been made for a friend's birthday and I had a go at a Shabby Chic style:
 I found this gorgeous Dress Form image whilst visiting an entry we had to our challenge the week I was host from Laura at
Thank you so much - it's lush!
I coloured the image with PM's - using some of the fab new Super Fine nibs - they're fantastic! Then I die cut the image using Spellbinders Labels 20 and then inked with Spun Sugar Distrss Ink whilst it was still in the die so that it leaves a lovely crisp white border.
 This also used:
Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby  DP's 
Giant Ric Rac Ribbon - from local haberdashery - I love it!
Ribbon from stash
Hat Pin from stash
Sentiment - freebie from Craft Stamper  - stamped onto Spellbinders Doliy Accent die and inked with Spun Sugar as per the image

Here's a close up of the ribbon bow and hat pin:
Challenges I was inspired by:
Mojo Monday - Sketch
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Digital Tuesday - Use 1 or more dies


Thanks for popping over.
Have a fabulous day.
I'm off to try and find a frock for Jack's Celebration of Achievement award evening on Monday - wish me luck in finding something :-)

TTFN

12 comments:

May Britt said...

WOW... Very nice

CraftyC said...

Its gorgeous Debs and so pink. Have fun shopping and enjoy your weekend!
Clairexx

Lisa Jane said...

Oh this is so pretty.. i love anything dressmakerish!
Gorgeous bow
Lisa x

Fleur said...

GORGEOUS card Debs. the colours are so pretty.
Have a lovely weekend,
HUGZ Fleur xXx

DesignerDiva said...

Gorgeous Debs, I love the idea of distressing the edges while it's still in the die to get a white border - may have to borrow that one!

Hope your weekend isn't too wet

Hugs Laurie x

Claire x said...

Slept in? On a Saturday? LOL what were you thinking!? :O) This is a fabby card, love the soft pinks and what a great image. Hope you find a dress for Monday .... I'm sure you will. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Claire x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Debs.

Hugs Riet.xx

Wishcraft said...

Fab card Debs! Love all the pink... and the ric rac... and the gorgeous pin... well ok all of it :o) Lisa x

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW Debs this is super, I love all things Dress Form so right up my street. Love Hazelxo

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a pretty card. Love the frilly embellishments. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Debs what fabulous papers, love that image and the charm a smashing card.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Ambrella (Catherine) said...

Wow very beautiful.
Hugs