Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, 11 July 2011

Tie a Yellow Ribbon

 Good morning. Well it's a lovely bright start to the day here in Gloucestershire. The sun is shining and my scrummilicious Grand-Daughter Lola Arizona is here for a couple of days, my DH has a few days of work so we are going for a ride out to Bourton on the Water (Katy's favourite place in the Cotswolds) for a stroll and some lunch. So I thought I would get my post for today done nice and early :-)

I had a go at making a different shaped card for me today. I used my new Grand Nesties - Plain and Scalloped Circles to make the base card.
I am loving this colour combo at the moment and may have another share using the same combo tomorrow (when we launch our new theme at An Oldie But Goodie) - what this space lol!!!

 Here's the reverse of the base card.
 And here's what it looks like from the side view
 So what else did I use?
An adorable Tilda that I have had for so long but had forgotten about and this is the first time she has been inked up - how naughty!!!!
I coloured her with PM's - using colours that I wouldn't normally use - but I'm liking them :-)
I have used some scrummy lace that I received from a blogging buddy as a RAK - thank you and added a length of yellow ribbon with a lovely little heart charm.
The DP's are my 'Lush' bargain from Hobbycraft
Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts 
Sentiment - Craft Stamper freebie - matt and layered onto Doily Accent Spellbinder
So here's the challenges that inspired my card today:

Passion for Promarkers - Tie a Yellow Ribbon
Charisma Cardz - All About Flowers (and a DT call)
Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Summer Flowers
Craft Your Days Away - Fancy Folds
The Rubber Cafe - Shape it Up
Creative Craft Challenges - Pretty Blossoms

Thanks for popping by today.
Have a wonderful day whatever you may be doing.
Hope to catch up with you all later this evening.
TTFN

16 comments:

Vicky said...

WOWWWWWWWWWW......sweetie this is aweosme I love the shape & I love the colours. Love the sunflowers its very rare I use mine, I always forget about them, we crafters are shocking aren't we lol?
Hope you ok shug & getting lots of cuggles off those gorgeous grandchildren of yours sweetie.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

martina's kaartjes said...

what a fab card ! lovely shape, great colors,
greetings, martina
x

sandra's crafty corner said...

Hi Hun
aww what a lovely card
Thanks for joining us at creative craft challenges with our pretty blossoms challenge, good luck in the challenge,
hugs sandra xx

DesignerDiva said...

Love this shaped card Debs and your sunflowers are lush.
I can feel the urge to buy some grand nesties now!!!
Have a lovely day of Granddaughter

Hugs Laurie xx

Cheryl said...

oh debs hun this is just stunning the design is super,love that tilda hugs cheryl xxxx

Angel said...

This is just beautiful..Love the shape of the card.

Thanks for joining us at CYDA.

Huggies Angel

Juls said...

so fabulous and creative!! I love it!!! Hugs Juls

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fantastic card sweetie. Love the fold and the flowers are gorgeous. Hope you have a lovely day out. Thank you for joining us at CYDA this fortnight.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Pops x said...

HI sweetie, this is gorgeous i love the colours that you have chosen, and what a sweet image, hugs Pops x x

Lisa Jane said...

ooh i love the shape and the colour combo- perfect for all those summer birthdays out there .. hope you have a wonderful time with your grandaughter
Lisa x

Julie said...

Wow - this is gorgeous Debs - faboulous colour combo and such a great shape!! Thanks for joining in my yellow ribbon challenge at PFP this week, good luck! Juliexx

Claire x said...

Such a gorgeous card Debs, love the image and the colours are just lovely. I love Bourton on the Water,hope you had a fab day, you certainly had the weather for it. Hugs, Claire x

debby4000 said...

Love your card Debs, what a great shape and adorable Tilda.
luv
Debby

Debby said...

Debbie, Oh what fun, fun, fun! Your card is so summery and pretty!
Thanks so much for joining us at CCC. Hugs and Good Luck!

Elke said...

as my 2 year old grandson would say Woweeeeee. Fantastic card Debs.

Thanks for joining us over at CCC, good luck.

Elke XX

Sarah said...

Beautiful card Debs, love all the details on your card. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our fancy folds challenge, good luck x