Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, 29 July 2011

Shabby but with Sparkle

 Good morning. Who stole the sunshine :-( Oh well I guess that means more time to craft and in cool comfort too :-)
Today I would like to share a card made with one of the new Christmas stamps from LOTV that I just had to have.
I think I'm addicted to making Christmas cards - a bit like eating Pringles - once you start you just can't stop lol!!!
I took my initial inspiration for this card from the Shabby with Sparkle challenge at Cupcake Crafts this week and here's what I came up with
 Here's what a used:
Image - Oh Christmas Tree - LOTV
coloured with PM's and for the Sparkle - lashings of Star Dust Stickles
Here's a close up of the image that I think has captured the sparkle


This also used:
Ribbon - East of India
Poinsettia - Marianne Dies and adhesive pearls from stash
Martha Stewart Doily border punch

I distressed all the edges with a Tim Holtz distressing tool and then inked with Old Paper to give it the  Shabby Chic look.
Challenges I would like to enter:

Cupcake Crafts - Shabby Sparkle
Craft Your Passion - Christmas in July
LOTV - Sketch
Craft us Crazy -Anything Goes
Stampin B's - Use Ribbon
Crafts & Me - Ribbon
Crafty Creations - Christmas
I Love Promarkers - Anything Goes
Papercraft Star - Anything Goes

For those that wanted to see what I purchased from Hobbycraft yesterday - you will be shocked to know that all I came away with were a few beads and bits n bobs to have a go a some 'simple' jewellery making
 And when I say 'simple' I really mean simple - here's my first bracelet :-)
I think it must be a sign when you trawl Hobbycraft looking for something that you haven't got or that you really need and end up coming away with nothing - what do you think????
Anyways here's to a happy crafty day to you all.
Thanks for popping by.
TTFN

25 comments:

Claire x said...

Gorgeous card hun - love that image and the colours are just fab and especially love the ribbon. My LOTV stamps arrived today, although only ordered 2 to start with (trying to be good!). Now your bracelet is just amazing and looks like you bought it in a shop - you clever gal. I've never tried jewellery making. My Sister bought Megs a massive kit for Christmas ..... umm may need I mean have to get this out over the holidays and see what we can produce LOL. Hugs, Claire x

Tine said...

Hi Debbie, Great card. Love the image & embellishments. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

Kathy said...

What a gorgeous card - I do love those soft colours. Your bracelet is fab too - do I espy a new addiction.....

DesignerDiva said...

Love that gorgeous ribbon Debs. The whole card is pretty special too but I especially love the ribbon lol. I curbed myself to 3 of the new LOTV stamps but I know I'll go back and buy more!
I think you couldn't find anything in Hobbycraft cos you've already got it all!!
Have a fab weekend
Hugs Laurie x

Wishcraft said...

Ooh gorgeous sparkly card Debs, and your bracelet is so lovely! Lisa x

Faye said...

Oh Debs. I really like this card. The ribbon is fabby and the glitter on the fur looks great. Well done on your first bracelet too. It looks wonderful to me. Have a great weekend. Thanks also for playing at Cupcake this week. xxx

sparklingblackrose said...

This is gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week :-) Elaine GDT for July -xxx- p.s I have candy if you would like to enter :-)

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card sweetie love love love the image & the sparkle.
Jewellery bits of the 1st thing I brought from Hobbycraft & now I barely do it lol. Fabulous bracelet hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Liz, said...

Oh-Oh, something new to try, that bracelet is gorgeous. Cool card too,

Liz x

WeirdCat said...

This is a beautiful card, love the image,thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x

Vicky said...

Such a pretty card hun....great image and super dp's too sweetie..and loving your gorgeous bracelet too...!

have a lovely weekend...hugs Vicky xx

Chrissy said...

So pretty and sparkly Debbie,gorgeous image, they make the loveliest Christmas cards.
Fabulous colouring and ribbon.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous card and love the vintage effect you have created.
Hope you have a great weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous, fab layout and details gorgeous work, hugs Pops x x x

Cheryl said...

oh debs hun this is just amazing love that image and your detail is as ever first class hugs cherylxxx

Daisychain said...

A beautiful Christmas card, thank you for joining us this time at Crafty Creations and LOTV. Hugs Christine x

coldwaters2 said...

Totally fabulous card Debs, that image is beautiful so is the sparkle I love this big time.
Hugs
Lorraine x

sari said...

Awww...This card is so adorable! Just love all the sparkle and pretty details! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs & Sunshine!/Sari

louise said...

Oh this is just so pretty love the colours and the sparkle,thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week.
Louise xx

Kim Duran said...

I just adore this card! My favorite is how you added sparkles to her coat and hat. What a perfect little detail! Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation with us this week at Papercraft Star! I hope to see more of your creations with us soon!

craftybunny said...

Beautiful card.Love the papers and all the sparkle.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Jamie said...

Your card turned out adorable! Thanks for Joining us at Craft Your Passion "Christmas in July" Challenge Good Luck! ~Jamie~

Tamie said...

What a fabulous image and I JUST LOVE the sparkle you put on it. Great layout and well it just makes me smile. thanks for sharing your inspiring card with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Angela said...

Debbie, I love this LOTV image and the glitter you added looks awesome. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafts and Me Challenges.
Hugs:)
Angela

Leanne said...

Nicely done, thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks! WTG!