Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, 8 July 2011

Bestest Friends.

 Good morning. What a lovely treat I had yesterday - my Bestest Friend treated me to a very relaxing facial to cheer me up following my recent minor OP so I thought I would make a card to say thank you.

I treated myself to this 'Gorjuss' stamp last Friday (asked DH to take me on the way home from the hospital following my OP - well we were passing my favourite local craft shop so it would have been rude not to call in lol!!!)
Unfortunately I had one of my arms in a sling so not much 'fell' into my basket!!!
I decided to ink her up, and taking inspiration from the following challenges:

Cupcake Crafts - Single Layer Card
Crafty Emma's - Woodland Creatures
Flourishes - Card for a Friend

This is what I came up with:
 I really really enjoyed making this card - just simple stamping and colouring! I did heat emboss the image with clear EP before colouring.
 Other challenges I would like to enter:

Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Stamps R Us - There was a Little Girl
I Love Promarkers - Clean & Simple

I think I could be making a whole load more of this style of card.

Thanks for taking time to pop by.
Have a wonderful day.
TTFN

17 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh hun how kind of her to treat you,and as for the card hun she will just love it,just perfect love that image,hugs cheryl xxx hope you are resting too xxx

Lisa Jane said...

oh what a wonderful friend .. that was so kind of her .. and she will love this little thank you .. its so pretty
Hope the wrist is feeling a little easier
Lisa x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab card hun perfectly C&S & that image is just so sweet!
Take it easy!

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion & CES Challenge this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Ambrella (Catherine) said...

Fab card.
Hugs

lalkygirl said...

what a lovely friend you have....she will love this card ,fab colouring and great clean and simple design
tracey[i love promarkers gdt] x

Claire x said...

Well a big hello from Devon LOL - the B&B has wifi - so had to catch up! This is a fab card, I love the simple layout and such a fabulous image too. Hope you are recovering well from the op hun. Take care. Hugs, Claire x

Sheena said...

I love the simplicity of this card - it works so well. Thanks for joining us at CES this week, Sheena xx

xxxtglxxx said...

This is a really fabulous CAS card! :) Gorgeous image and your colouring is awesome!

Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

ribenaruby said...

Lovely card Debs, what a nice treat from a friend! Ruby x

Shannon White said...

What a Darling image! Love you pretty coloring too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Super sweet card & what a fab day you had! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week x

Karen said...

Really lovely Debs, and a perfect CAS card, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is so sweet and how nice to have a facial. Thanks for joining us Stamps R Us.

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Debs, what a beautiful single layer card. I love the image and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Katina said...

Beautiful card Debs; I love the image! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly this week and good luck!

Juls said...

this is just fabby! Hugs Juls

Heather Jensen said...

So sweet! Thanks for playing at FTTC. :)