Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, 10 June 2011

Monochrome for LIM

Good morning. What a busy week it has been here in the Simpson household - it's been like a creche most days with  my lovely Grandchildren and Great Nephew visiting and like a hospital ward as my DH has been very unwell all week - been to the Dr's yesterday and they think it could be a touch of food poisoning - awaiting results of a sample he did not relish giving them yesterday!!!
So if I haven't got round to say hello - apologies but life somtimes just gets in the way! That and Blogger not playing nicely all the time lol!!!
Anyway enough of that thought and onto something a little more pleasant - my card for this week's challenge at
I actually made this card on Monday and have only just got round to posting it!!!

So here's what I did:
I started with a square piece of card and stamped the main floral image - from the Rose stamp plate by Inkylicious - using Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. I then masked the image and over stamped with a text stamp - using the shadow stamp technique for a softer finish. Finally I added the leaves to teh masked image as well.
A touch of ink to the edges to soften and then matt and layered onto co-ordinating cardstock.
A stamped sentiment matt and layered and a few matching adhesive pearls to finish it off with a touch of stickles to the stamens to bring it to life.
Here's a close up of the main image: 
Thanks for popping over.
Have a wonderful day.


TTFN

6 comments:

Juls said...

gorgeous elegant card! Hugs Juls

Chrissie said...

Lovely cards Debs, I really like the twinkle in the centre of the flower!
Thanks so much for joining us once more!
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Lovely flower Lovely card Debs
Thank you so much
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful soft and pretty CAS card
Lisa x

Claire x said...

Oh dear I hope the OH feels better very soon and they find out what has caused the upset. Your card, as ever is just beautiful. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Claire x

Susan said...

Beautiful stamp, Debs! Love the soft color you chose!
Susan@Keeping in Touch