Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, 24 June 2011

Happy Birthday Penny Black Saturday

 Good morning. Lovely bright start to the day here in Gloucestershire - looks like we could see a return of summer - fingers crossed - I always feel so much cheerier when the sun is shining - don't you?

Today I would like to share a card I have made for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge where they are celebrating their 3rd birthday - and having a blog hop - you too still have time to join in.
The theme this week is 
PESKY CRITTERS
I have used one of my favourite little hedgies image and as it's nice and bright and sunny I have gone with some summery colours - I also wanted to use these bargain DP's I bought from Hobbycraft - 
My Mind's Eye - 'Lush' - they are just that - lush - and they were only 29p for a 12x12 double sided sheet. I bought all they had lol!!! They had 3 different colour ranges as well - so look out for more of these appearing soon.

 I am really pleased with how the colouring of these little hedgies turned out this time - I treated myself to some more shades of grey PM's and I think it has made a difference - that and resisting the urge to 'colour' their tummies - I have a fear of white space in an image - but I'm working on it lol!!!!
Here's a close up of the image:
 This also used:
Marianne Createables - Spiral Rose and Leaves
Pearl Brad
Sentiment - Free from craft mag - punched out with Word Window punch and edges coloured with Tumbled Glass DI
Other challenges I would like to enter are:

Forever Friends - 3 Design Papers (must also use an animal image)
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes
I Love Promarkers - Anything Goes
Everybody Art Challenge - Anything Goes
Cupcake Crafts - Sketch

Thanks for popping over.
Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

19 comments:

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous sweet card Debs, love the cute Hedgies.
luv
Debby

Fluffles said...

Love your colours on this very pretty card. Jx

Cheryl said...

oh debs hun this is just gorgeous oh love that image and the color tones on this are just,so beautiful love the layout,too just perfect hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Karen said...

Gorgeous Debs and so 'clean' looking, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Tine said...

Hi Debs. Love your choice of papers & embellishment for this adorable image. Great card. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Debs,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow this is gorgeous ..i love the cute hedgies and the beautiful colour combo.. the sun is shining here too.. fingers crossed it stays !
Lisa x

DesignerDiva said...

This is so pretty Debs and super cute too!
Have a lovely weekend
Hugs Laurie x

jenny said...

Beautiful card....great layout and I love the rolled flower x
Thanks for joining in our birthday celebrations at PBSC x

Jenny x

Claire x said...

Lovely card Debs and those hedgies are coloured perfectly, I have to say I never leave their tummies white either LOL! Love the papers too and the pearl in the flower finishes it off a treat. Hugs, Claire x

Pauline C said...

Hi Debs - this really is a very pretty card - love it :-) Thanks for joining in the PBSC third birthday challenge and good luck!
Pauline x

Wishcraft said...

So cute Debs, I love it :o) Those papers are gorgeous! Lisa x

kath said...

adorable card debs...thanks for joining in the birthday blog hop fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

Jules said...

Hi Debs

A beautiful card and I love those backing papers.

Gorgeous colours!!

Hope you are still having fun with those little babies.

Have a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Liza said...

A gorgeous card, you've done a great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

Liza x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Debs, what a pretty card. I love the image and your papers are gorgeous (what a bargain eh?). Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

lisbeth said...

Love your card. thanks for joining us at FF this week

Shelly said...

Gorgeous creation... great use of our sketch! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake. Shelly x

jackid said...

such a sweet card thanks for joining ua atPCJ this time
Jacki xx