Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 30 June 2011

Fun in the Sun at MAWTT

 Good morning. I hope today is a better day for me than yesterday - won't go into too much detail but the day started with some utility men having to dig a great big hole in my front garden to access a service line cable in order to be able to find a fault that had left a neighbour without electricity. They then had to turn my power off and so I had no internet access for most of the day - it felt like my right arm had been cut off lol!!! So now my neighbour has electricity and I have been left with a lovely designer bald patch in my garden - which they are supposed to be coming back to re-turf!!!! The most frustrating thing about all of this is that neither the builders nor the solicitor told us about this service line running across our garden when we purchased the house. Oh and we also recently discovered that we have an official public right of way running right down the middle of our back garden!!!!!!!

Anyways the only safe place to be yesterday was tucked away in my little crafty haven - so there's the positive from it all :-)

So today sees another new challenge over at 
and this time it is being hosted by my lovely teamie Lisa but before I let you know about it I would just like to say a massive thank you for all the gorgeous entries we had for Hazel's Clean & Simple challenge - don't forget to check if you were the lucky winner and who made Hazel's Top3.

This week our sponsor is the very talented Beth from
Grab the badge to display on your blog
and the DT were lucky enough to have some images to play with.

I chose these gorgeous Beach Huts

 and decided to go for a beach scene. I used DI to create a sky and sand and Pink Petticoat DP's to co-ordinate on the base card. I also used some scrummy ice cream colour cardstock to paper piece the beach huts and added teeny silver brads as the door handles.
I also used a very summery Anya coloured with Whispers pens, cut out and placed in front of the scene.
I added a touch of Glossy Accents to her sunglasses:
Here are the challenges I would like to enter my card into:

Crafty Pad - Bold & Bright or Soft Pastels 
Sparkles Forum - At the Beach
Incy Wincy Designs - Summer and Blue
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Paper Creations Ink - Beach Theme
Pollycraft - Water Themed
Bearly Mine - Summer Time
Craft Room Challenge - Summer Birthday
My Time to Craft - Here Comes Summer

Thanks for popping over.
Have a wonderful day.
TTFN

27 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow Debs - just fabulous .. love the little scene and the little glossy sunglasses
Beth says a big Thank you
Lisa x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card hun, love the colours just fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at SFC, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Zoechaos said...

Fingers cross that the electrical repair was done properly! Sounds like your conveyancing team did a poor job have you checked to see if you have any legal recourse against them?

Onto happier things and your very cute sea side card beach huts reminds me of the one's near us when I was growing up. thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge. XOXO Zoe

Julie said...

Such a lovely summery card Debs. Love the paper piecing and handles on the beach huts.

Julie xx

DesignerDiva said...

Lovely card Debs, adore the soft colours you have used.
Don't know what I'd have done if men arrived to dig up my garden!!
Hugs Laurie x

hazel said...

A beautiful card for the summer - I love it. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous card Debs, love the colours and those sunglasses look great with the extra shine.
Hope you get all your garden sorted soon.
Take care.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Pat said...

Gorgeous summery card, love the beach huts and pastel colours. Thanks for sharing at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

Claire x said...

Great card Debs, love those beach huts! I can't believe they dug up your front garden! I would have been mortified, probably as my garden is not turfed LOL and to then find out that you had a public right away in the centre of your back garden wouldn't have pleased me either - surely there must be some sort of compensation from the Solicitor failing to notify you of these??? Hope they sort the front garden out for you soon! Hugs, Claire x

Esther said...

Love those yummy colours...a very pretty and summery card, Thanks for joining our Craft-room challenge...Esther xx

Pami said...

Oh Debs you poor thing, sounds like a nightmare. You are lucky you can escape to your craft room! Your card is gorgeous, I love the soft colours for the huts! Pami x

Maria said...

Wow, I love your card! Those beach huts are gorgeous! Good luck, and thanks for joining in at the Craft-Room Challenge. Maria x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous summery colours Debs - love the cute little image and the door-knobs!
hugs, Sylvia xxx

Sara said...

Such a fun card! I love the Paper Piecing that you did on the huts and your coloring on the little girl is wonderful! Thank You for joining us at Paper Creations Ink! Have a wonderful weekend! Happy Creating! Sara

Emma H said...

This is so cute, love the beachy theme. I saw it on Make it Monday, the colours really caught my eye

Paper Creations Ink said...

Fabulous card love the sun glasses Thanks for Joining us at Paper Creations Ink

Kim B said...

Super Cute little beach huts card!! I understand about the internet being down. I feel the same way, hopefully that wont happen anytime again soon. Thanks so much for joining us at the Craft-Room Challenge. Kim xx

Juls said...

gorgeous!!! I love the little beach huts!! Hugs Juls

aqualeiga said...

Mega-cool card, love the beach huts and the cloudy BP....perfect! So pleased you've entered our challenge at THE CRAFTY PAD with your beautiful creation.....thanks and good luck! Hugs, Ali x

gina g said...

Wow this is gorgeous Debs i love the scene you've created, have a lovely weekend. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine this time. luv gina xx

Crafty Lynz said...

Lovely card, love the pastel colours. a real summery feel.

Thanks for joining us at SFC.

hugs, Lynsey x

Heather "Hev" said...

Fantastic :)

Thank you for joining us over at the Incy Wincy blog hop

Hugs Heather x

Mervi said...

Hi Debs fabulous scene, gorgeous entry to my summer birthday challenge at Craft-Room, good luck at welcome again;-))m

Miranda said...

gorgeous card Debs, a real beachy scenery, fantastic
thanks for joining the paper creations ink challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi Debs, this is super I love it, Sorry I am late in commenting, Hazelxox

bosenberries said...

Love the colours and the scene you created! Thanks so much for joining us at My Partner in Crafting Crime's Beach Challenge! Robin

Rachel x said...

Oh, what a gorgeous summery card, Debs- love the colours and images you've used, really made me smile! :)
Thanks for sharing with us at My Partner in Crafting Crime thus time! :)
hugs, Rachel x