Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, 10 October 2010

Penny Black - Take 2


Good morning.  I would like to share my card I have made for this week's challenge at
Penny Black - Use 2 or more Penny Black images.
Yesterday my new PB stamps arrived in the post - they were free with a craft magazine subscription - how cool is that!!!! So I thought they would be perfect for this week's Penny Black challenge.

I had a go at making a framed card - I got my inspiration for this over on the totally talented Debby's blog here
I am quite pleased with the result and I am sure I will have another go at one of these and it will be better next time lol!!!

I created the backgroud image using the resist technique for stamping the scrummy Snow Dust image - stamped with Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Lapis Pearl then distressed with Peeled Paint & Barn Door Distress Inks. The cute little hedgie was then stamped direct onto the bottom right corner and I stamped him again onto another piece of cardstock - coloured him with PM's - cut him out and layered him onto the first stamped image.
I also embossed the edges of the panel using a Versamark Pen and the Lapis Pearl EP.
 Here's a closer look at that:

This also used:
Marianne Creatables - Small Poinsietta - die cut from pieces of cardstock coloured with the same Distress Inks
Snowflake Punch
Adhesive Pearls from stash
Alphabits - from Funky Hand - available here (they fit perectly in a 1/2" circle punch)

Thanks for popping over.
Have a wonderful day.

 TTFN 

12 comments:

Fleur said...

Hi Debs, it's beautiful, I love the tree stamp.
Hugz Fleur xXx

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Debs.

Hugs Riet.x

Juls said...

oh my word....this is just utterly stunning!!!!! Love it!!!! Hugs Juls

Mandy said...

Hello lovely, your card is stunning Debs, such beautiful colours and images and I love the design.
I'm so pleased you are feel better hun, sorry I've not been able to leave many comments lately, hopefully after this week life will quiten down a bit.
Take care
love n hugs Mandy xx

Claire x said...

Lovely card Debs, love the colours and fab images. Hugs, Claire x

joey said...

Hi Debs

this is gorgeous hunny, I love that background, thanks forjoining us at pbsc

Joey.x

Francesca said...

What a great card , i love the background
Hugs
Francesca

Tracy said...

This is a wonderful creation. I love your design and images.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Pauline C said...

beautiful Debs - love all the different techniques to create the beautiful resist tree and the cute hedgie looking up with the star - it's darling! Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
pauline x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous Debs, beautiful colours and sweet image. Brilliant job make the card too.
luv
Debby

kath said...

beautiful card debs...and great use of your images.....thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxx

Fluffles said...

Beautiful, love the stamp combo - they go so well. Jx