Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, 26 July 2010

Sparkling Blue Tilda

Good morning. As per usual I have been up bright & early - even though we have now broke up for the summer jollies! Good thing about that this morning is I was up to see Aaron (my middle son) & Kerry his girlfriend arrive home in the wee small hours from their holibobs in Eygpt - following a 4 hour flight delay!!!

So what's a girl to do when she has some 'me' time on her hands and has to be as quiet as a mouse?
Well, of course she gets to work on putting a card together.


I was very lucky to be sent some gorgeous new Tilda images as a RAK from a very lovely blogging friend - thanks Mandy you're a star.
Here I have used the gorgeous Mermaid Tilda - coloured with Copics and a good sprinkling of Star Dust Stickles.
I have embossed a piece of silver mirri board with Cuttlebug Swirls and then lightly inked with alcohol inks to give a watery look.
I also added a touch of Tumbled Glass distress ink to the whole image after colouring - using a dabbing technique with a baby wipe - it gives a subtle colour effect.
I have distressed and glittered all the edges of the gorgeous Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby DP's
I used a Craftworks Card with a scalloped edge as I thought it would represent an oyster shell lol!!!
The gorgeous flowers are from WOC and I have added a touch of sparkle to them.

Challenges that this fits are:

Die Cut Dreams - Tilda in Blue
Crafty Catz - Summertime
Secret Crafter - Fairytales
Papertake Weekly - Cutie Patootie
Everybody Art - Blue & White

Thanks for popping over.
Have a wonderful day.
TTFN

17 comments:

Francesca said...

Great card Deb , I love the new mermaid tilda .
Hugs
Francesca

Cheryl said...

oh debs,hun you always produce such beauties,really love the layout on this card,hun,hugs cheryl xxxxx

Claire x said...

LOL and I thought I was up early at 7.00! Isn't it always the same when you know you don't have to go to work!? I adore this image Debs, the whole card is gorgeous. Hugs, Claire x

Spyder said...

Lovely card, beautifully done!
(Lyn)

Karen said...

Really lovely Deb, thanks for joining us at DCD.

Karen and DCD DT.
xx

Mandy said...

Oh hun this is stunning, love the softness of your card, and the sparkle looks fabulous
hugs Mandy xx

Susie Sugar said...

Debs this is stunning darling I love the new image and your friend Mandy is the best !!! I should know she's my friend too !! he he
your card is lovely and Tilda looks fantastic thanks for joining us at the DCD challenge this week
Hugs Susie & The Dream Team xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous Debs, beautiful colours and sweet image.
luv
Debby

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

So gorgeous card ,I love the image and the wonderful papers.thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs tina46
eac-team

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Debs, great card, fab tips too, thanks for joining us at DCD, hugs Liz xx

Crafty Chris said...

Hi Debs
Beautiful card, isnt Tilda lovely as a mermaid, thanks for joining us at DCD.
Chris x

Katina said...

What a gorgeous card Deb - I love it!Thanks for sharing it with us at PTW x

Pamela said...

Beautiful Debs, very pretty. Love tilda as a mermaid.
Thank you for joing in at DCD

Pamela x

Juls said...

Just magical! I love it! Hugs Juls

{Jane} said...

Very pretty

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Biscuitlid said...

such a beautiful card Debs, love the sparkle and texture

Thanks so much for joining us at Die Cut Dreams with your fabulous Tilda
Hugs
Victoria and the DCD team
xx