Monday, 21 December 2009
Saturday, 19 December 2009
I thought I would take the opportunity to make a few last minute Christmas gifts and I found a really simple recipe for Sugar Body Scrubs:
- 400g Granulated Sugar
- 150ml Sunflower Oil
- A little powdered food colouring (available from cake-making shops)
- 6-8 drops of Essential Oils (I made Lavender, Lemon & Orange scrubs)
- Mix the food colouring into the sugar - you only need a light colour change at this stage as it will darken when you add the oil.
- Add the Sunflower Oil and mix together well.
- Add the drops of Essential Oils
- It should sort of 'clump' together and fall off the spoon in lumps.
- Spoon scrub into a min. 400ml airtight jar (I purchased mine from Ikea for 89p)
- Decorate jar as required.
Would love to know if you decide to give this a try and what you think of it. I was impressed with how easy it was - but I think it makes a lovely gift - don't you?
Hope you have a great weekend.
Sunday, 13 December 2009
Good evening. Here is my entry for the following challenges:
- Penny Black - Red & Gold
- The Pink Elephant - Favourite Christmas colour combo
- The Crafty Pad - Any Christmas Card
Saturday, 12 December 2009
Thursday, 10 December 2009
No, your eyes do not deceive you - that really is a kitten in the Christmas tree!!! Now I knew that Pickle would be intrigued by the tree and all that glistens on it -and I thought that she would try to 'play' with the baubles around the bottom of it - but I never thought for 1 minute that she would actually climb into the middle of it!!!! Looks like we are going to be busy playing chase all holidays lol!!!
Thanks for popping by. Have a good evening.
Wednesday, 9 December 2009
Good evening. Here's my entry for the following challenges today:
- Papertake Weekly - Red & Green must not be seen
- ASFOS - Monochromatic
- Create Card Crew - Gold or Silver
- Pixie Dust Studio - Gold, Brown & Cream
- Sketch Saturday - Sketch
- Stamp Something - Glitzy
Sunday, 6 December 2009
This is my second post for today and this time it's a card for Jack's teacher that fits nicely with these two challenges:
I have coloured the image with Distress Inks. The DP's are Basic Grey 'Eskimo Kisses' - not got many of these left now!! The scrummy frilly ribbon is from my local craft shop Paperarts. The sentiment is computer generated and brads are from stash.
Think that's me done for today - got the big result tonight - who's got your vote? I hope the final 3 will be Olly, Joe & Stacey.
Enjoy your evening.
- Friday Sketchers - Sketch
- Crafty Calendar - Winter Sparkle
- Stamp Something - Glitzy
- Crafty Cardmakers - Alternative Christmas Colours
- Miss Anya - Anything Goes
This lovely lady has been coloured with Copics and a generous sprinkling of Glamour Dust for added sparkle & glitz. Spotted DP are Papermania - not sure where other is from! Snowflakes done with Woodware punch and glitzed up with Glamour Dust. Circular sentiment from QVC.
Hope you are having a lovely weekend.
Saturday, 5 December 2009
Good evening. Done a little Christmas shopping today and then had a little time to play. This is my entry for the following challenges and for a DT call at Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog:
- Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Matching Set
- Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog - Sketch (DT Call)
- A Spoonful of Sugar - Non-Traditional Christmas Colours
The gorgeous image has been coloured with Copics and a sprinkling of Glamour Dust. The DP's are from a Brenda Walton Christmas set from QVC last year that just goes on & on. The border strip around the gift box has been punched with my new Martha Stewart punch - a little treat from me to me lol!!! Ribbon, gems and charm are from stash.
Hope you have had a great day. Thanks for popping over.
The Design Team were provided with images by Alison to use on their projects this week, so please do go check out their blogs to see the beautiful work they have done.
I decided to create a large gift box to fill with little stocking fillers for my son's girlfriend - rather than wrap them all up individually - lol!!!
Don't forget to check the Allsorts blog to see who Lisa picked as her Top5 and who the lucky winner was of the Digisparkle prize.
Thanks for popping over. Hope you have a stress free weekend - even if you are Christmas shopping!!!
I would also like to thank everyone for all their wonderful comments left recently - I really do appreciate the time you all take to pop over and leave some kind words. I would especially like to thank a really lovely lady 'Cheryl' who without fail has left a comment on every project I have posted - your support is truly wonderful and I am very grateful - big heartfelt thanks hun.
Friday, 4 December 2009
Good evening. I had real fun making this non-Christmas card today. This is for my sister's birthday on Boxing Day.
I thought I would enter her (the card that is - not my sister lol!!!) into the following challenges:
- Papertake Weekly - Sketch
- Colour Create - Lilac/Purple, Aqua, Black & White
- C.R.A.F.T - Christmas Birthday
- Cute Card Thursday - Swirly Girly
- Just Magnolia - A card for Someone Special
Thursday, 3 December 2009
Good evening - this is my entry for the following challenges:
- Rosie Dee's - Red, Green & Bling
- Incy Wincy - Red & Green
- Creative Card Crew - Christmas
- 2 Red Bananas - Christmas
- Sunday Sketch & Stamp - Sketch
The image is Sugar Nellie's 'A Partridge in a Pear Tree' coloured with Copics. DP's are BG 'Eskimo Kisses'. Ribbon is Making Memories. The flowers I punched myself.
Thanks for popping over.
Have a great evening.